1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root Explorer doesnt Work & Other Issues

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by baboulou, Dec 4, 2010.

1. baboulou

baboulou New Member

i have a motorola droid that is not on verizon but instead flashed to metro pcs. I LOVE ultimate droid roms, i installed root explorer(i use astro file manager to instal the apk file) and after i allow user permission each time i tried to use it, it FORCE CLOSE EVERYTIME, and now i cant do the necessary procedures to get my web and pic message to work.
  2. white_ash143

white_ash143 New Member

I've found that root explorer needs to be in /system/app to work properly... perhaps try moving it with terminal emulator...

In emulator:
    su <enter>
    sysrw <enter>
    cp /mnt/sdcard/com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.apk /system/app/com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.apk

Assuming the apk is on the root of your sdcard and i always type the filename for the /system/app part as well. If that doesn't work... beats me!

Edit: Also assuming that's the name of the apk file... if it's different adjust accordingly.
  3. Adrioid

Adrioid Theme Developer Theme Developer

Which version of root explorer are you using? I'm using 2.10.2 and it works fine. I installed it the same way you did. I did run into problems like you with older version of RE.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
es explorer root explorer wont work

root explorer doesn't work

root explorer doesn't work es file explorer

root explorer doesnt work

root explorer wont work

root explorer wont work on android
root explorer wont work on my phone
root manager doesn't work
root+explorer+doesn't work
why dont my root explorer in my es3 not working