Root droid x?

Djdee

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out?... im trying to root my droid x and I don't even know where to start

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xliderider

Reaction score
For a noob with one post, Z4 would be far easier. Download app, put on sd card. Navigate to app with Astro File Manager app. Install Z4 root app, click on Permanent Root, done. :)

OP
D

Djdee

Reaction score
Lol ok thank you!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MontyMo

Reaction score
This is how I rooted my Droid X, it is the first step in putting a new ROM on you Droid. I had to run the app a couple of time b/4 it rooted mine.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/110658-how-root-droid-x-worked-me.html#post1134512

1. Press the menu key on the bottom left part of your phone (looks like 4 squares)

2. Select settings

3. Select applications

4. Take a look at the unknown sources option and make sure the box is checked (this enables installation of non-Market applications)

5. Using your phone, press your finger on this link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: z4root.1.3.0.apk

5. Click the regular download square

6. Once the download is finished, press the menu key

7. Select notifications

8. Select the z4root icon and accept the installation

9. Select the apps launcher icon on the bottom of the screen (looks like a triangle in a circle)

10. Select the z4 app

11. Click the permanent root box (you will have the option to un-root or re-root once you have root)

12. If successful, the black screen with the moto M should come up. You may need to remove the battery to reboot your droid x. When the phone reboots, a prompt will ask you to allow superuser permissions. Congratulations, granting superuser permissions means you will now have root access. Superuser will now be available in your app library.