[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And if its not that, try reseating the sdcard.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

sudermatt

Reaction score
I was looking for a restore from a completely bricked D1. I thought this thread was a full fresh OS...but it is not...it's just root and recovery.

google "recover bricked Droid1 with sbf file" and you should get there.

By the way...I spent 3 days trying to get my Windows 7 box to work....took 3 minutes on an XP box. Oh and RSP won't install on W7 Virtual XP

moto mgd

Reaction score
Cant download files

I downloaded the WINRAR file to help me unzip the others you had mentioned. I download the 64Bit file fine but when it cam to your SPK Recovery file and the complete root file, I could not download them. It said it was unable to and I could not find a way to download them. Please help, your post seems very in detail on how to root my Moto Droid 1. Thank you

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I downloaded the WINRAR file to help me unzip the others you had mentioned. I download the 64Bit file fine but when it cam to your SPK Recovery file and the complete root file, I could not download them. It said it was unable to and I could not find a way to download them. Please help, your post seems very in detail on how to root my Moto Droid 1. Thank you

If you're still having problems I can provide links. Ask and they shall be yours!

Oh, wait, you did!

http://www.rzroms.com/droid/recovery/SPR/MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf That's the SBF.

Another option, and a superior recovery, is RZRecovery -- it's SPR-based but it has a LOT more options and is just as stable.

http://www.rzroms.com/droid/recovery/RZR-2.0.1/RZR-2.0.1-recovery_only.sbf

As for the update.zip needed to root (which you won't even have to rename if you use RZRecovery)...

http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip

Let me know if you need anything else.

muad

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reliable link to download RSDlite 4.6? ? The link in the OP is not working.

Trying to root my mom's D1 over the phone/logmein, and the install file I gave her for RSDlite keeps throwing up an error part way through the install.

Thanks!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Does anyone have a reliable link to download RSDlite 4.6? ? The link in the OP is not working.

Trying to root my mom's D1 over the phone/logmein, and the install file I gave her for RSDlite keeps throwing up an error part way through the install.

Thanks!!!

I believe they are up to 4.9 now....

Sent from somewhere...

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

Thanks!!!

I believe they are up to 4.9 now....

Sent from somewhere...

I saw that, but wasn't sure if I would still use it. If 4.9 is GTG, I'll download that.

Thanks for the speedy reply you guys!!!

-Will

Depending what OS you have some of the newer version might give you some problems. I think Vista really only played well with 4.6. 'Course, your luck may vary slightly.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
It's also that RSD Lite is so finicky that each version seems to only work best with certain phones. But again YMMV.

ThePsychicSaw

Reaction score
im rooted but im confused on 2 things

one i did get an ota update which shot me to that dos looking mode but it failed to install, but im on 2.2.1 still so dont know why it even tried

my 2nd is, my market looks....weird. i cant search for any apps like clockwork isnt coming up, And all the apps that do populate ive never seen before ever. plus the market isnt updating to the newer version.

things to note: my phone that has verizon service on it right now is another droid 1, i picked up a seperate one to try my hacking on. so this one that i got rooted is running off wifi. now when i set it up i did put in my same gmail account thats signed in on my other phone. right now i unsynced that one completely and added a new gmail.

any helped would be appreciated because id like to get comfortable enough to get my main droid1 (the one with the working headphone jack) up and running.

thanks again for all the help and support

ThePsychicSaw

Reaction score
and a quick update, i just went back into the hold x button and power dos mode and decided to just wipe everything and re install update.zip so i could just add on from the start with that different/new gmail account.

now im rooted again, if i get that update to new software window, do i decline (ask later) and will this keep prompting me?

and more importantly how do i get this
Peter Alfonso

rom on my phone (only reason i did this) & running as smooth as possible (kernal wise and what not, i want speed and stability).