[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Discussion in 'Droid Labs' started by MotoCache1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. amotamatapia

amotamatapia New Member

I just have one question as well. I lost root when I accidentally applied an update.zip (superuser is unresponsive now). I rooted when I was on 2.0.1. Should this method be fine with 2.0.1?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Probably just a typo, it's FRG22D. To the best of my knowledge FRG22D doesn't have a rooted version out, like FRG01B did. And I'm not sure somebody is going to have a signed version of it available.

The C&D that was put out on the leak may make this difficult to get a copy for someone to work with. So I would root and use the signed version of FRG01B and just download Flash manually from another web site. If you want to install a custom ROM then do so.
  3. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Yep Typo...

I'm just trying to find out if "ANY" OS means any including FRG22D. I know there is no way of telling until someone with OTA 22D actually tries this but I'll tell you something... I just "Unrooted" using Easy root and the phone is flying right now, NO lag, No screen redraws, etc. Everything is right there when I make a selection or swipe screens... Even Gallery loads about twice as fast as it was yesterday.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  4. MotoCache1

MotoCache1 Chief Droid Scientist

Pretty much if it is a Linux based operating system, it should work. There's nothing OS version specific in either of my files. So it works even for for OS versions that haven't been released yet. :)
  5. fetchman

fetchman New Member

First off, Thanks Moto. This has has ended my 2 1/2 week long frustration with the "FRS". I just completed your process and everything worked as advertised - I think. Just one question. Should I be seeing BusyBox in my applications list? I see superuser permissions (and have used it for Drocap2) but do not see Busybox. Should it be showing?
  6. MotoCache1

Nope. There's no .apk component to busybox. It's strictly a toolbox that is needed by many "requires root" type apps.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  7. fetchman

fetchman New Member

Thanks! I'm off to install Titanium Backup and then explore the world of root.
  8. amotamatapia

amotamatapia New Member

Any idea on this? I just do not want to mess my phone up if this method works with 2.1, 2.2 only. Thanks
  9. MotoCache1

Any OS.

That said, if all that's wrong is that su isn't happy, but you still have your custom recovery, etc., then you don't need to do all this. Just reinstall su.
  10. amotamatapia

amotamatapia New Member

ok, great! I will try that and see how it goes. Much thanks!
  11. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Thanks... I'll be the first test to see if this is true. I un-rooted and will wait for 22D and try your files then report back unless someone else confirms it works on the 22D OTA first.
  12. gavron

gavron New Member

FRG22B vs FRG01B has been covered by (I think) the Sapphire developer (cvsps?). No major changes.

If you're happy with what you are running, stick with it. "Newest" doesn't mean "best". A lot of times what VZW thinks is "best" we (you and I) may not.

FRG01B is fine... the custom ROMs based on it and its predecessor are great.

E
  13. MotoCache1

I keep hoping someone will "capture" a 22D push and save off the .zip so I can take a look at it. If anybody gets the push and is running a custom recovery which blocks the install, you can grab the file from /cache if you ADB to the phone while SPRecovery is still open. After you reboot out of SPRecovery the file will be gone.
  14. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Awesome writeup. I'm so glad to finally know why rsdlite always failed and never completed. Even though I never had any issues, the anal side of me was always bothered just a little bit by that. Now we can finally get it to "pass"... It's the little things. :)
  15. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

NOOB fo sho!

OK,

I followed all the steps, and I think I did everything right. How do I tell? Should I make backups? What next?

Sorry and thanks!
  16. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Try to reboot into recovery. If you get SPRecovery instead of the stock triangle with the ! you're good. For a further test, download a terminal emulator from the market, open it, and type SU. The prompt should change to #. If not, you don't have Super User permissions and will need to install them.

As for "what's next?", how about now what? Check the link in my sig.
  17. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

it worked! now for the rest of the stuff
  18. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 New Member

MOTOCACHE1 Is The Man

All I gotta say is you rock Motocache. Just a few days ago I was stuck with the OTA 2.2 which slowed down my droid to the point of lag that was driving me crazy. Then I come on to this forum to look for help on how to root. And find a Genius tagged Motocache1 hahahahahha. Not only does he try to help he goes above and beyond by investigating on his own time. Writing up a step by step guide that even an idiot noob like me can follow. And boom here I am running a liquid custom rom with a watermark theme and an awesome custom recovery that works perfectly. And now my droid is running like a new machine. I feel like I bought a new phone. Its so smooth and fast. I just want to say thank you again Motocache for putting up with all my dumb questions and helping everyone out that was having trouble by providing your step by step guide that you spent alot of time on. Thanks again man.

Motocache1 for President. hahahahahhahaa.

Now I just need to figure out how to put this guide in my sig. hahahahhahaha Maybe one day I will not be such a noober.
  19. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 New Member

Yeah boyyyyy I figured out how to add the thread to my sig. Score one for this nooooob hahahahhahahaha.
  20. jfreckles

jfreckles New Member

Can't Run as administrator.

When I try to run RSD Lite as an administrator the box is unchecked and grayed out and uncheckable. Is there something I'm doing wrong.
Search tags for this page

droid 1 root

droid rooting

how to root droid 1

motocache1
root any droid
root droid

root droid 1

root droid 1 regardless of os
root droid one
root regardless droidforums
rootdroid