Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You're SOL with tethering the iPod Touchedyouwhere? This method MIGHT work (though I do NOT recommend Barnacle to anyone as I've never had a good experience with it). How to: WiFi Tether a Motorola Droid to an iPad - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

But I don't know if you can do the same thing on the iPod Touchedmeinappropriately. :) The laptop PROBABLY won't be a problem. However, for the most part I'd USB tether a laptop for security reasons.

jwolb33

Reaction score
Help!!

This didn't work the first time so I was trying it again. I clicked start in RSD lite and right away it said error. Now when I turn my phone on, the bootloader comes up and says code corrupt. HELP!! Phone will not work.
/quote]

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thanks. :)

Alright, when you say it didn't work, what do you mean? You failed to get root or what?

While you're answering that it's time to proceed. With a "code corrupt" bootloader you need to flash a full SBF to get the phone running again. Some people have had a little luck with a recovery-only SBF, but they are in the minority. Unfortunately you've lost all data not on the SD card. I hope you had your contacts and data backed up with Google. :)

Before I drop a link on you, though, you need to have RSD Lite 4.6 or 4.8 or 4.9 (4.7 had problems) installed on your PC.

jwolb33

Reaction score
I tryed to root my droid as in in the first post. When running rsd lite 4.6, I missed the boot and now my phone has a exclamation point on it. The post says to start over if this happens but if I close rsd lite it says it may damage my phone. Can I close it? I need to to restart the process.

jwolb33

Reaction score
I cannot get this to work. Instructions in 1st post. When I hit start in rsd lite, how soon do I press the up button?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, when you do try again, please try to give more details. What furman and the others were alluding to is in the last line of my sig.

good luck

Humdinga91

Reaction score
Wanted to stop by and say great post! I wasn't able to root my Droid1 with z4root and found your post here. The instructions were clear, precise, and easy to follow.

I did make the mistake of making a folder (to be organized) on my SDCard that held the update.rar. I found out only near the end of the instructions that it needs to be precisely in the main SDCard folder.

For a first time root I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with this!