[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

soccerd31

Reaction score
lets talk about this.... manually edit files huh????? know anything about that???

soccerd31

Reaction score
or... could you tell me what my archos will read from the wifi department and i can figure it out ;-) ;-)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

soccerd31

Reaction score
attempt 1..... barnacle no longer worked at all.. not even on the lap top...... uninstalling and making second attempt... maybe i did something wrong

JJ12345

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am NOT new to rooting, had my OG Droid rooted since June 2010, and that phone had a hardware malfunction, so I filed the insurance and got a new Droid 1. Now, I successfully rooted my new phone and when I got it out of recovery, I downloaded Chevy No.1 5.1 Gingerbread, and flashed it using the recovery menu because it wouldn't install through Rom Manager.

Now it goes through boot-loop, and I can only get it to recovery, but every time I try to flash a new ROM from my SD card it just keeps loading the 5.1 Gingerbread build from Chevy No.1,

Any ideas? Please help.

NO IDEA WHY, BUT JUST NOW I REBOOTED AGAIN AND IT BOOTED SUCCESSFULLY... Not a freakin clue, these are tempermental. But now it rebooted into Simply Stunning 4.9, Froyo, not the 5.1 Gingerbread that I downloaded.

Last edited:

unkrizzo

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first time rooting a phone and I have a noob question. In step 3 of the detailed instructions it says that I have to rename the MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.zip file to update.zip on the root of my sd card in the phone....but there is already a update.zip file there. Is it suppose to already be there? The file is 46MB and the MC1 is less than 1MB. I assume I'm not deleting the 46MB one for the smaller one??? or can I rename the 46MB one to update(2)???

Please don't laugh too hard to answer me back.

Thanks

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So, I've decided to finally take the plunge.

But:

RSD Lite 4.6. That's a "7 zip" file.

Link is dead.

Oh, and Moto I am curious what your Dropbox quota is up to? Huge right? ;)

/EDIT// Just tried to sign up via your referal link and it is dead, too.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hey guys, I am NOT new to rooting, had my OG Droid rooted since June 2010, and that phone had a hardware malfunction, so I filed the insurance and got a new Droid 1. Now, I successfully rooted my new phone and when I got it out of recovery, I downloaded Chevy No.1 5.1 Gingerbread, and flashed it using the recovery menu because it wouldn't install through Rom Manager.

Now it goes through boot-loop, and I can only get it to recovery, but every time I try to flash a new ROM from my SD card it just keeps loading the 5.1 Gingerbread build from Chevy No.1,

Any ideas? Please help.

NO IDEA WHY, BUT JUST NOW I REBOOTED AGAIN AND IT BOOTED SUCCESSFULLY... Not a freakin clue, these are tempermental. But now it rebooted into Simply Stunning 4.9, Froyo, not the 5.1 Gingerbread that I downloaded.

Can you please take this to a new thread as this question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and it is long and cluttered enough already. Thank you and good luck.

So, I've decided to finally take the plunge.

But:

RSD Lite 4.6. That's a "7 zip" file.

Link is dead.

Oh, and Moto I am curious what your Dropbox quota is up to? Huge right? ;)

/EDIT// Just tried to sign up via your referal link and it is dead, too.

Moto seems to have stopped maintaining this thread, though he has signed in to this site this month, his last post at this site was in Oct of last year. Anyways, I have the file(s) in my collection linked in my sig.

good luck

bplewis24

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first time rooting a phone and I have a noob question. In step 3 of the detailed instructions it says that I have to rename the MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.zip file to update.zip on the root of my sd card in the phone....but there is already a update.zip file there. Is it suppose to already be there? The file is 46MB and the MC1 is less than 1MB. I assume I'm not deleting the 46MB one for the smaller one??? or can I rename the 46MB one to update(2)???

Thanks

The file you rename is a different file (in #5 of "things you need"), and if there is already an update.zip file in your SD card root, go ahead and remove it or rename it. It may be from a prior install.

Brandon

unkrizzo

Reaction score

Thanks

The file you rename is a different file (in #5 of "things you need"), and if there is already an update.zip file in your SD card root, go ahead and remove it or rename it. It may be from a prior install.

Brandon

Thanks a lot....and it works fine.

Drucian

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid recently without any problems using this method, however now I am not getting a signal at all on my Droid. I think I read somewhere it's because I don't have a ROM installed? Is that right?

I used LauncherPro with the stock before I rooted, and I really liked it. If the problem is indeed not having a custom ROM and I get one, could I still use LauncherPro with that custom ROM?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Yes. You can use launcher pro with any rom. But it sounds like you don't have a baseband. You can check by going to menu/settings/about phone and scroll down to see what baseband is there.

Swyped from a Droid