[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Discussion in 'Droid Labs' started by MotoCache1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. kgbmiker

kgbmiker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every time I try to install the update, it gets blocked. I am a novice to this, please help!!

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    You have to "allow update.zip" first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Busybox is included but not seen. If you want to update to the latest version you can search busybox on the market

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    I just did help. I offered two viable solutions for you. :) Help me to help you. The more information you can give me, the better. Which one do you want? Keep in mind that flashing a stock, rooted ROM may also require that you wipe your phone; the contents of the SD card will remain and your contacts are backed up with Google in the privacy settings (go check them now).

If you're going to install the update you have to do it manually -- otherwise SPRecovery will block it. This is what it's designed to to. If you followed this guide to root you're familiar with the process of manually installing an update.zip file via recovery, so that shouldn't be an issue once you have the file. If by help you mean links to manually download the 83D file, I can do that easily enough and will be happy to do so. If you wish to flash a ROM, well, that's beyond the scope of this thread but it's performed in the exact same manner and I will PM you links to a couple of ROMs you can try. Just let me know what you need so I can help. :)

5. joseserna08

joseserna08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked perfectly. Just rooted my wife's Droid 1. Would've gone through rhetoric first time, but I forgot I manually updated her phone to froyo back in August, and the update.zip was interfering with the update.zip to root. After I deleted it, it went through flawlessly. Thanks forth the guide.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. kgbmiker

kgbmiker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I was able to update and re-root with this method. All set now. Thank you very much!!!:)

7. mphilipp17

mphilipp17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks SO MUCH! The section containing the WHY of all the steps was the best. I never really understood what i was doing but that was most helpful! Thanks again!

8. mentaloaf

mentaloaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help! I just followed these instructions on my remanufactured asurion replacement phone after doing it successfully 3 different times. This time I got all the way through rsd lite, got sprecovery installed, and now when my phone boots up I get a red battery icon with a line through it and a message saying system force close (android system). Is this some kind of new blockage for keeping people from rooting? Did I do something wrong? Maybe I need to flash back to stock and try again? Any help would be awesome! Oh, btw Moto Droid 1 and the files I used are the ones in the OP of this thread

9. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Somehow you got the wrong SBF. You currently have a 2.1 kernel installed on 2.2. You'll need to flash a ROM at this point.

This happens. If you want stock I'll link you to stock rooted. If you want custom, pick it and start installing.

10. mentaloaf

mentaloaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mammal, I tried to get into install rom from sd card in sprecovery but it seems all the roms on my sd card (and there are many) are inaccesible...what should I do?, do you have a link for me and I could install it via update.zip method and then go from there? Did I install the wrong root file? please help!

11. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    No, the root file is valid; the SBF just put a bad kernel in.

Okay, let's try this, then.

http://www.p3designs.info/kernels/125-800-v32kernel.zip

Download that, rename update.zip, place in the root of the SD card, and install in recovery. That's a stock-voltage, stock-speed kernel for FroYo built by P3Droid. See if that stops the problems you're having. We'll move on from there.

12. mentaloaf

mentaloaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK I just got back from picking up the kids from school, I'm going to try this and I'll let you know....I REALLY appreciate the help, more than you think.

Search tags for this page
droid 1 root

how to root droid 1

motocache1
root any droid
root droid

root droid 1

root droid 1 regardless of os
root droid one
rooting droid 1
root regardless droidforums