Root deletion possibilities?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jug the Thug, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Jug the Thug

Jug the Thug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive searched for this topic and yes previous ones were created but none answered some of my questions. If I root just for the sake of deleting bloatware can I delete all of these without damaging the phone?
    3g Mobile Hotspot - not staying rooted I don't want or need tether for anything.

Amazon mp3 - blows

Blockbuster - i have netflix

Cardock - junk

DLNA - unnecessary

Kindle - i read regular books

News - im 15 idc

News and Weather - TWC is better

Skype - dont have a webcam for my computer so i dont have skype i use tango.

Social Networking - linking facebook is extremely annoying and thats all i have so no social networks are linked to my phone so the app is useless to me.

Talk - who talks on gmail chat?

Music - this player is absolutely horrible poweramp is the best music player i have ever seen on something besides a computer.

Madden - why is this on here?!?!

Now for my questions.
    By rooting deleting then unrooting will it reinstall?

Can i permanently delete these useless bloatware apps? I know the emulator kills the process in the background but i want this junk gone for good! i want the extra space.

Will this damage anything or alter anything at all on the phone once i delete it?

By deleting the music player will poweramp still work?

thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. Jug the Thug

Jug the Thug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    66 views no help?! come on!!

3. Jug the Thug

Jug the Thug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bumpity

4. gflam

gflam Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Amazon mp3 - delete away not going to do anything

Blockbuster - delete away not going to do anything

Cardock - delete away not going to do anything

DLNA - not really sure what this one is honestly

Kindle - delete away not going to do anything

News - delete away not going to do anything

News and Weather - delete away not going to do anything

Skype - delete away not going to do anything

Social Networking - delete away not going to do anything

Talk - who talks on gmail chat? a lot of people pretty much everyone here since a lot of times it's quicker to help people through im and we all have gtalk since you need a google account to activate your droid but delete away not going to do anything

Music - delete away not going to do anything

Madden - delete away not going to do anything

Now for my questions.
    By rooting deleting then unrooting will it reinstall? They won't reinstall unless you accept a verizon update which will actually probably cause problems possibly since i think they're implementing strategies to detect whether the original stuff has been touched but unless you're updating nothing will reinstall by unrooting

Can i permanently delete these useless bloatware apps? All of those can be deleted you can pretty much delete any apk without anything happening the only one that seems to cause problems is if you delete the phone apk which i don't know why you would do that but you can delete things like your launcher your settings etc and nothing will happen except leaving you with a stupid phone that you just removed all your stuff from framework is another apk you would not to delete but besides framework and the phone none of them will cause problems except leaving things stupid but you're not trying to delete any of that anyway

Will this damage anything or alter anything at all on the phone once i delete it? nope shouldn't do anything except remove the bloatware you don't want i've already removed all the stupid crap from my phone a long time ago

By deleting the music player will poweramp still work? yup should work just fine i have just the miui music player on my phone and it works just fine without the stock music player

5. Jug the Thug

Jug the Thug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks so much you literally covered every area in depth that i needed answered. your answer to "my can i permanently delete these..." is very confusing though. at first i didnt understand you but after reading the rest of your response it became clear.

6. gflam

gflam Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry about not being clear i babble a lot i know but short and simple all of the apps you asked about shouldn't cause you any problems if you delete and you won't have any problems after you unroot unless you try to install one of the verizon ota updates if your phone gets one which isn't usually often

7. Jug the Thug

Jug the Thug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dont worry my man i do it all the time. should i just wait for gingerbread then do it? just in case everything or more reinstalls?

8. gflam

gflam Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Well like i said they are working on some technologies that check to make sure everything is still there if it's not it does some crazy stuff from what i've heard although i believe this is on much newer phones so i honestly don't think anything would happen on the X other than reinstalling some bloatware

You could also just install a stock gb rom on your phone if you decide to stay rooted it's nice being rooted in my opinion it adds so much to your device

Search tags for this page

root deletion