Root D2G permanently then uninstall the root exploit app?

sb56637

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is a preliminary question. I bought a slightly used D2G, and as soon as it arrives the first thing I'm going to do is root it.

Is there a root method that doesn't require me to always have the rooting exploit app installed? In this case, I'll probably use z4root. Can I install z4root, run the exploit, and then uninstall z4root? When I boot up my phone I don't want to see any popup notifications or permission-granted notifications for the app I used to root the phone. I just want to root it once, and then uninstall the app and have my phone rooted without any helper apps.

Thanks for the help!

keolawills

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is a preliminary question. I bought a slightly used D2G, and as soon as it arrives the first thing I'm going to do is root it.

Is there a root method that doesn't require me to always have the rooting exploit app installed? In this case, I'll probably use z4root. Can I install z4root, run the exploit, and then uninstall z4root? When I boot up my phone I don't want to see any popup notifications or permission-granted notifications for the app I used to root the phone. I just want to root it once, and then uninstall the app and have my phone rooted without any helper apps.

Thanks for the help!

Use z4root, then dload titanium backup from the market, and you can "freeze" z4root to remove it from your app drawer, but its still readily available if you ever need to unroot. And i think if you flash a custom rom you wont have z4 anymore, unless the dev includes it.

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

OP
S

sb56637

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

Does z4root run any services or ask for authentication for anything at startup? Or is it only explicitly launched from the app drawer?

Tdank

Reaction score
SuperUser permissions will still display popups when an application requires root access. You can disable the notifications within the SuperUser app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
z4root will install the su binary and the superiser.apk app which are required to grant root permissions to apps that require it. once it does it job you don't need it anymore. shall you want to unroot you can install z4root again.
z4root is only required for the rooting process.