Root but have HTC Sense?

adoboyo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Android and I have thought about rooting but I like Sense. I was wondering if I root, will I still be able to use Sense and get the same benefits or is Sense a Rom?

Also, what should I go with with rooting it?

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

RyanPm40

Reaction score
If you root it, nothing will change. You will just have super user permissions and the ability to use rooted apps. You will still have sense.

The only way to not have it is to download and install a ROM that does not have it.

There are many great ROMs out there that still have sense in them, such as SkyRaider, which offers some cool new features to sense, and I virtuous. Those are the only ones I'm currently familiar with, but I'm sure there are others.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Android and I have thought about rooting but I like Sense. I was wondering if I root, will I still be able to use Sense and get the same benefits or is Sense a Rom?

Thanks

I'm rooted but remained stock and I love it I purchased Titanium Backup which allows me to freeze applications from running, So I don't have city id, tweet, and all the other annoying apps running.

I love it its like having a micro computer in my hand, that I control...

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can install one of the many Sense-based ROMs if you so choose.

As far as rooting unrevoked is the easiest method. They'll have a method that allows you to root the OTA by the end of the day today or tomorrow so just hang tight until then.

masully1984

Reaction score

Thanks

I'm rooted but remained stock and I love it I purchased Titanium Backup which allows me to freeze applications from running, So I don't have city id, tweet, and all the other annoying apps running.

I deleted all of the bloatware as soon I rooted my phone :)

MilesD37

Reaction score
I noticed that when I use a home replacement app like launcher pro, I can't use the standard widgets that came with my phone, (like the people and calendar widgets) if I root, is there a way to use those widgets in other launchers? Or is there a way without rooting?

Sent from my DINC using the DroidForums App

hiimdh

Reaction score
I noticed that when I use a home replacement app like launcher pro, I can't use the standard widgets that came with my phone, (like the people and calendar widgets) if I root, is there a way to use those widgets in other launchers? Or is there a way without rooting?

i have the same question.

bassmasteraj

Reaction score
How did you delete. The bloat ware

Thanks

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The standard widgets will only work with HTC Sense launcher and not for alternative launchers such as LauncherPro or ADW Launcher.

D

dankarlinski

The standard widgets will only work with HTC Sense launcher and not for alternative launchers such as LauncherPro or ADW Launcher.

i did not know this actually.

thanks! :)

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How did you delete. The bloat ware

You can uninstall or freeze them using Titanium Backup Pro, or manually deleting them using a file manager such as Root Explorer.