1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

root apps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brendanstl, Dec 16, 2009.

1. brendanstl

brendanstl New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for root apps? do they exist?
  2. RighteousAura

RighteousAura New Member

3. EntropikOne

EntropikOne New Member

4. brendanstl

brendanstl New Member

Thanks guys.... just rooted tonight and the phone is wicked fast now... I'm excited now
  5. EntropikOne

EntropikOne New Member

faster? rooting just gives you root permisions.....doesnt speed anything up lol
  6. cellulararrest

cellulararrest New Member

placebo is going strong in the world :)
  7. brendanstl

brendanstl New Member

Is there any way to tell if you were successful at rooting? I was pretty sure I did everything right but when I downloaded setCPU from the market and tried to run it it gave me a message "no root access detected" "are applications allowed access to root" "could not read setCPU.txt"
  8. texasPI

texasPI New Member

Reminds me of that other thread where that one guy got the FM transmitter to work after rooting....:icon_ poke:
  9. Fadelight

Fadelight New Member

I rooted my phone, and now I have this weird boot menu. It gives me 4 options I had never seen before. I can run in "turbo" mode, which sets the CPU to 900mhz. I can also change the setting to enable my Wireless N that was built in. The third option is to cure cancer, and the fourth is to build a space shuttle capable of single stage ground to orbit flight.

:icon_ banana:

I do love having a rooted phone, though. I keep reading about these apps on Market that supposedly don't work with "The first method of rooting", but they work just fine for me and I used the first method. I did find that rather odd. (That part is true, btw.)
  10. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

Be nice guys . . .

Your phone doesn't run faster after rooting, except maybe for the apps you might disable using the SuperUser App (thats where the "second" root comes in"). Even that is arguable. Some say if you rename certain apps (corporate calendar, car sync, visual voicemail, etc) they won't autostart and won't eat resources perodically. Personally, I got lazy and went from worrying about random autostart apps to kick ass boot animations, like the mario bros. one just posted (although I'm rocking the nexus at this point). The only way your phone could run faster will be with the SetCPU which, last I heard, didn't overclock yet. There may be some gains in RAM efficiency from closing the autostart apps, but others will tell you 'nix doesnt require resources to leave applications open. What's the right answer? All I know is my phone is slow on the transition from sleep to wake up, so I would put my weight behind the 250 mhz sleep speed and 550 mhz wake speed. If your phone is faster for any other reason I think you should enjoy it and not worry about what anybody says.
  11. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

rooting my droid cured my AIDS!
  12. flameboy

flameboy New Member

As soon as somebody figures out how to use SD card for Swap space, a rooted droid will run incredibly faster :)
  13. brendanstl

brendanstl New Member

WOW.... bunch of smartass f#$ks in here. Just not something that I sit around and play with and read about all day, I thought there was a difference in the speed considering I read an article (possibly written by someone else you genius's would consider phone stupid) stating that just rooting the droid will change the speed.
  14. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Come on now, you didn't expect a tech forum for rooting a linux based smartphone to NOT be full of smart a**es did you?
  15. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 New Member

What is rooting? (noob alert)
  16. texasPI

texasPI New Member

So I'm confused. You thought it was faster because of how it responded after rooting or you thought it was faster because someone told you it was in an article? So your wicked fast post was about your reading speed ( as in of the article)? LOL!

Ok, ok...I give up....we're just having a little fun. :pint:
Search tags for this page
android root apps
best apps after rooting
best apps for a rooted phone
can i block certain apps if i root my droid x
droid 4 root app
droid apps root
droid root

droid root apps

droid rooting app
droid rooting apps