Root apps off market.

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the app.Droid overclocking by JRummy and Root tools off the market.I was thinking of making a couple of purchases, but would like to hear from somebody that used these. I think this is the right place to ask this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jchammer123

Reaction score
I use the Droid Overclocking by JRummy and have had no problems whatsoever. I bought it when I first rooted my droid because I was running a JRummy rom then and thought I would help support him. The app does what it's supposed to and the widget looks much better than SetCPU's.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
you will not regret either purchases in the long run.

even if you end up hating the apps, you will have donated to a worthy developer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use root tools just to change fonts. Highly recommended.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
THESE ARE GOOD REFERENCES I SEE. The reason I'm inquiring about these two apps. are because I too had just rooted my droid1 and have not downloaded any roms yet. I'm still reading and looking for info on roms. Just looking at the capabilities of both apps, they look like they have a lot to offer. I think I will be in good hands. What roms does Jrummy have out there? I'm going to go ahead and get these two apps. I don't mind donating to a good developer. Thanks everyone for the quick reponse.

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well I ended up buying jrummys two apps that I inquired about and also went one step further in purchasing rom mangr premium edition. I hope this was not a mistake. I think this will be one of the easier ways to keep track and INSTALL all of my roms and updated as well. Anyone using rom mngr at this time,I would appreciate a word from you about your experience with this app. Hopefully this will make life easier since my access to a computer is limited. I,m never home for any long period of time. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a fan, only because it does everything for you. Not much interaction and I need to know whats going on. To each his and her own of course!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Not to mention that RM has been "iffy" as of late. I don't trust it personally. I make all of my backups in recovery (SPRecovery) directly. Clockworkmod recovery is nice too though and I don't have any experience with Raid Zero's recovery but have heard good things about it.

Not a fan, only because it does everything for you. Not much interaction and I need to know whats going on. To each his and her own of course!

DroidForums Junkie!!

jchammer123

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well I ended up buying jrummys two apps that I inquired about and also went one step further in purchasing rom mangr premium edition. I hope this was not a mistake. I think this will be one of the easier ways to keep track and INSTALL all of my roms and updated as well. Anyone using rom mngr at this time,I would appreciate a word from you about your experience with this app. Hopefully this will make life easier since my access to a computer is limited. I,m never home for any long period of time. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

I know some people say they don't like rom manager because it does everything for you which is true! I use rom manager to do all my backups and trying new roms and have never had a problem, I love it! I also use clockwork directly when I try things that aren't available on RM. I don't think you'll regret purchasing RM, especially if you have limited access to a computer! But I agree with what was already said, each person has their reasons for liking it or not, just try it for yourself and see!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
+1! Not to mention that RM has been "iffy" as of late. I don't trust it personally. I make all of my backups in recovery (SPRecovery) directly. Clockworkmod recovery is nice too though and I don't have any experience with Raid Zero's recovery but have heard good things about it.

DroidForums Junkie!!

I've never had any issues with RM or CWM. Not once have I had a bad install...

I've been rom'ing Android since the original... the G1 (dangerSPL!!!)... and this makes things oh so simple!

As a supported of Team Douche and CM, I figured Koushik Dutta's little app would be perfect for me, and it is.