ROOT [APP] Greenify Better Performance and Battery Life!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
w261De9ZkHSxBGYcdFXG9BySiK2ugwMb7ReGh_AfN7UUSefB3ja_wPVtP91aewaKoKO0=w300

If you are an app hog then chances are your phone is not performing to its potential. Some apps steal resources and drain your battery. Greenify is an app that will help you identify any misbehaving apps and put them into hibernation when you aren't using them. This keeps apps from lagging your device, and leaching precious battery life. The apps that have been placed in hibernation won't be able to do anything without you explicitly launching them. The apps will still have full functionality when running in the foreground, they just won't be chewing through resources in the background once you close them out. It is important to know that all background functions of your apps including service, periodic tasks, event receiver, alarm, widget update, and push messages will be out of service while the apps you have chosen are in hibernation.

yEF4WV1SnY4tNmiMS42OTAYuEKgNw6R8AB08TNzbEOlMQMMDWdiQjDi5foFTGOlU1A=h310
NyBtGEYnbjNi5sY2puz3aOqLVY7ZwrvYxJU9YHjjhjnyZs_vBjesk4JV32INn7_N_A=h310
uKeexTmQ6ci1Ddv5wDcOzF01zr_ql-rxjvMf_ce0GY1UVCZCzaYESKzoMmQ_i4XiE1o=h310

This is better than the freeze option in TIBU because it totally disables the app, but allows you to still use the app if need be. In other words you won't have to be constantly freezing and unfreezing the offending apps. There are several task killer apps that will stop the app temporarily from running in the background, but once the app is launched the background activities will continue. Background tasks are killed until you take the app out of hibernation with Greenify! Head to the source link for the download.

Via Play Store

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've been using the app the past few months and love it, however it is not without its problems, for me at least.

My s4 would freeze up at the lockscreen, sometimes it would allow me to unlock it, sometimes it would force restart. I did shoot an email to the devs of greenify about their "auto-hibernate" feature and the problems with my otherwise stock s4 and didn't see any improvements. I do still use the app but I manually hibernate apps with the widget instead of auto-hibernate. Started this about a week ago and my phone hasn't frozen since.

KaChow

Reaction score
If your really interested in maximizing the performance of your battery and the full potential of Greenify there are 2 things you can do. First, and this works on pretty much any device keep in mind you will need to have Root however, download Wakelock Detector from the Playstore. With Wakelock Detector make sure to not check the "Advanced Mode" I suggest this as you don't need to disable any system settings by mistake. Take a look at your running apps, select one like "Scrapbook" or something that you do not use that is running at random, then hit the "Greenify" button and Greenify will put it to sleep, and only activate when you activate it or when it is safely required. Now, the second thing you can do and this goes for those of you that have Samsung devices and have access to Xposed Installer, if you have Xposed installed and also purchase the "Experimental Features" through Greenify then they are Activated through the Exposed "Module", I happen to really like this feature, as I fully utilize Greenify and works amazing, I basically have Greenify and Android Tuner (take a look at the free one) and I normally get at least 2.5 days of battery life on my Note 3.