ROOT [APP] APP2Zip Easily Backup Your Apps into a Flashable Zip File!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bwPP3K-iWBFpb7iJM-e6hSjOCZLXR7wYajnUIgpVN0k0fJlrgO7B4-Xoel6guLUegtI=w124

For all you crack flashers out there you will be excited to hear about this app. If you are like me then you love to go from Rom to Rom and test out the latest and greatest. One of the major headaches or side effects that comes with crackflashing is the loss of your app data. Nothing stinks worse than to have to relog in to every app, gmail, twitter, ect. Another huge headache comes from lost data in games. I also find myself in the doghouse when I mess with my wife's phone. She is none to happy to find that all of the data has been erased in her favorite apps. Thanks to DroidForums member "metalspring" who pointed out a new app in the Play Store by SCDevs I have found a solution to this common problem.

This app is in the very early stages of development and as such will not work for every device. SCDevs suggest that you do a test backup by backing up one app, then uninstalling that one app, then going into clockworkmod recovery and flashing the backup that you just made. If it restores the app then you should be good to go. This app seems to be a much faster solution than other apps like titanium backup.

More info at the PlayStore link here

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Pretty interesting, I may have to check it out.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awesome.. since I jumped to jb.. it hasn't restored any data from the apps.although it tried... I'll have to give this a go with the Aokp test build B-D

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this might make me a crack flasher again :icon_ devil:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I know titanium backup is great, but honestly, I find it cumbersome and annoying. This however may be the answer for me. I was ready to shell out a buck or two but it is actually free. I'll give it a shot today. I want to try the ROMs for my ATT S3 but having to reinstall everything is a royal pain. On my DroidX, the market would auto re-install my apps yet on my S3, it doesn't seem to do that. Even on the PlayStore website, it seems to forget what apps I have installed on my phone.