Root and tbh app

TheDig

Reaction score
I am 99% sure that I will be rooting my Gnex when I get time this weekend but I have a few questions...

Whats been the best method so far? If I root can I use the tbh app to get the latest ota's without losing root?

Wanting to take advantage of everything root has to offer while keeping the stock ics rom for now...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am 99% sure that I will be rooting my Gnex when I get time this weekend but I have a few questions...

Whats been the best method so far? If I root can I use the tbh app to get the latest ota's without losing root?

Wanting to take advantage of everything root has to offer while keeping the stock ics rom for now...

Well, the first thing you have to do is to unlock the bootloader. Most everyone is trying to do this before you actually set up the phone as it wipes everything on the phone, including your sdcard. Quite a pain: How to: Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Rooting your GNex: [MOD] 30 Nov r3: Superboot - rooting the GSM + LTE Galaxy Nexus - xda-developers & How to: Root the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE, Flash a Custom Recovery and Make a Backup [Verizon] – Droid Life

You do have to be very careful when doing things to this phone as there are usually specific things for the LTE phone and for the GSM phone.

As far as I know there are no "Forever Root" tools at this time, but this thing is so easy to reroot that I don't think you have to worry about it.

Good luck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, yeah don't forget that this thing has Ice Cream Sandwich on it so some apps are not currently updated to work on it. I would be willing to be that TBH is on that list. Be careful.

maddog0331

Reaction score
Oh, yeah don't forget that this thing has Ice Cream Sandwich on it so some apps are not currently updated to work on it. I would be willing to be that TBH is on that list. Be careful.

I have been using TBH app with no problems....They even have an update for the app to work better with larger screen phones....

ml3000

Reaction score
I have been using TBH app with no problems....They even have an update for the app to work better with larger screen phones....

[h=2]where in the world do i purchase the tbh app??[/h]
Been looking and cant find it. If i go to their website and try to buy it, it says unavailable.. what gives? Really want to purchase it​

maddog0331

Reaction score
[h=2]where in the world do i purchase the tbh app??[/h]
Been looking and cant find it. If i go to their website and try to buy it, it says unavailable.. what gives? Really want to purchase it​

I had it since the original Droid I believe or Droid X.....Don't remember.... That's how long I had it....lol...After they removed it from the market they emailed everyone that paid for it a user name and password to redownload it ....I always kept a copy of it in my SD Card and C Drive...

ml3000

Reaction score
I had it since the original Droid I believe or Droid X.....Don't remember.... That's how long I had it....lol...After they removed it from the market they emailed everyone that paid for it a user name and password to redownload it ....I always kept a copy of it in my SD Card and C Drive...

Wanna share? :)