Root and ROM process question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mozuna01, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

Judging by what ive been reading from recent posts in the noob challenge guide..the guide needs to be updated. I dont understand why people cant get this right with multiple different errors still that are caused by reasons aside from typos when they are typing in the command prompt part of the steps.

I havent started to root my droid and i have been persuaded by all the people who talk about it to do so. Sounds great. I really want to go through the guide but im afraid im going to find a new problem or run into the ones that people havent solved yet. Id like an updated guide before i give this a shot or just a solid way for this to work when i follow the guide word for word without worrying about outdated steps because of updated software that i need that will conflict with the guide. Can anyone help or give advice?
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Check my sig. I just made it today. Trying to help anyone if I can. Mostly user errors (nothing against the users) though.
  3. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

I read your before and after already, but it lead me to that outdated guide i was talking about. Hopefully that middle link is a completely new better guide.
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

It is. I'll update the other links. My guide is based on his original guide but it installs a different rom and is a little more in depth, as it assumes people know less about the phone than his.
  5. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

Alright man good looks. I have my phone rooted at this point and i will continue here on. Feel free to drop any info or anything you may want me to know. Ill ask if any problems as well. Thanks.
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Post any problems in the other thread so I can try to answer all questions in one place. If you are already rooted you can skip some steps (it tells you what to skip to in the guide). My only advice to is to read everything and take your time. Good luck.