Root and battery life?

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by thig95, Jul 1, 2011.

1. thig95

thig95 New Member

I've had my stock Charge for 2 weeks now. Overall i'm pleased with it coming from a D1. My biggest complaint remains the battery life. I know people have been saying the battery has a "breaking in" period but i'm getting impatient and carrying around a spare battery seems stupid for normal daily use.

So my question is pretty straight forward. Have those of you who have rooted noticed any increase in battery life? I know there's a ton of bloatware that runs in the background and would love to get rid of all that. My D1 was always rooted/oc'ed and I got pretty good battery life with a lv kernel and setcpu. I guess i'm just hesitant to root a device so new unless there's a big difference in battery performance. i'm relatively pleased with stock performance but don't doubt the benefits of a rooted device.

Right now i'm running stock without root using launcher pro and i'm lucky if i get 10 hours with moderate use. i don't have an insane amount of widgets or apps i leave open. my gf has the same phone without launcher pro and her battery life is much better. maybe it's launcher pro? When i go to the battery use menu under settings, display is usually 75% or more of the culprit. I keep brightness on auto since i'm in and outdoors frequently.

Any feedback would be most appreciated. i'm leaning towards rooting but i want to make sure it's going to help extend my battery life with moderate use (no gaming or video streaming, just web browsing and text/talk plus occasional app use)

Thanks as always!
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

it will likely help batt life but i doubt anyone will guarantee it. mine is/was good modded and not so its hard for me to say if its better than before. although, i usualy have 50% + after 12 hrs of normal use, then today i was @ 40% after 6hrs. also, i just got a Mugen 1800 batt 2 days ago, so im expecting a short learning curve with it. i hope todays results arent typical or i wasted 50 bucks.
    even though mine has usually been better than most, i work in an area where they use some sort of signal dampeners, while in the building im lucky to make calls even though im within sight of the tower. so i attribute that to my erratic battery performance.
    sorry i cant be of more help, but personally i never saw a down side to rooting either way. we have the files to flash back to stock if you want/need to.
    battery life aside, flashing lag fix kernel will show you how ridiculously slow your phone is stock.
Search tags for this page

better battery life root

droid charge battery life rooted

droid charge rooting performance

increase battery ife on root g2

root and battery

root phone to extend battery life

will rooting my droid razr help the battery life