Root and ADB with Mac?

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I rooted my phone using the phone only tactic and it worked well, but then I wanted to rename some of the apps, so I pulled out my old PC downloaded what I needed for ADB and renamed the files that way.....
BUT it just dawned on me that I think I remember some of the adb needed files were also available for Mac.

Has anyone rooted and been able to remove/rename bloatware with Mac using ADB? If so, was it as easy as with the PC?

I'm OK using my PC, but it is unreliable, slow, and who know when it will die for good!
Thank you!

Humpa

Reaction score
I rooted my phone using the phone only tactic and it worked well, but then I wanted to rename some of the apps, so I pulled out my old PC downloaded what I needed for ADB and renamed the files that way.....
BUT it just dawned on me that I think I remember some of the adb needed files were also available for Mac.

Has anyone rooted and been able to remove/rename bloatware with Mac using ADB? If so, was it as easy as with the PC?

I'm OK using my PC, but it is unreliable, slow, and who know when it will die for good!
Thank you!
Why not just use Root Explorer or another root file explorer?