root after the gingerbread OTA

wb1960

Reaction score
I returned to stock and just did the GB OTA. Is there a one click method to rooting this yet?

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Not yet, and who knows when there will be. If you have to have root access you will need to SBF back to Froyo and then apply the two part rooted .596 flash

WAZZSUP

Reaction score
Just to verify, is it safe to be on GB ( leaked or OTA ) and SBF back to .340 ?

yearn

Reaction score
Yes, its completely safe. I've been trying to hold out till they root the ota update. But im getting impatient. I may just go ahead a install the prerooted GB.
I can't decide tho...the ota update runs so perfect.
I keep hoping they will update gingerbreak to Include it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I had the ota gb and debated going to rooted gb for awhile. Finally I brought my netbook to the bar with me. A couple beers and I was rocking tbh rooted. I'm telling you from my own personal experience, I dont know why I waited. Do it man!

slypadme

Reaction score
I was going to wait too, but then I got impatient. Then my app market stopped working, even when I sbf'd back to froyo. Then my phone wouldn't activate. Two root-savvy verizon guys later, I've got the ota back with no problems. I'm getting impatient again but I don't want to do that again.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
If you sbf back, you have to factory data reset. Otherwise, you would run into those problems, as you mentioned.

Jphatcher84

Reaction score
+ 1 blacksantron i don't know why I waited either the tbh gb runs just as smooth as the ota