1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root access gone on X2 after OTA update, how do I root again?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by AustinL93, Aug 5, 2011.

1. AustinL93

AustinL93 New Member

I lost root access after the recent OTA update. Previously I used gingerbreak (Version 1.2) to root the X2, and now I don't know what to use/do to regain root access. Mind you I am sort of a noob when it comes to android so I would greatly appreciate details! Thanks!

-Austin

EDIT: I think I found my solution. I am going to SBF back to 2.2.2
    (DROIDX2 SBF (2.2.2) Available for Download - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

After that, root my phone with Gingerbreak.
    (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=578771&d=1303829207)

Then update to a pre-rooted version of Gingerbread.
    (Rooted Gingerbread Available for DROIDX2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

I don't know if this will work, but after 8 hours of research I'm hoping this is my answer. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. boggleboes

boggleboes New Member

Success!

This works!!! I am pre-OTA now!!! so happy! Thank you so much!!!!!
    I did not do pre-rooted gingerbread yet. I actually found the OTA update very buggy. well see. but so happy that I am back to original!
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. AustinL93

AustinL93 New Member

4. boggleboes

boggleboes New Member

Gingerbread

I ended up finding that! I install prerooted gingerbread but am still not happy . the phone seems to run better pre update. And since they didnt fix the clipboard ,copy paste, i still dont really have a reason to even keep it. I think I am going to restore to pre update. Thank you though for that first post. I thought i was stuck with a phone I definitly wasnt happy with.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 lost root

how to reroot driod x2 after update

lost root access on umi x2
root droid x2 after ota?