1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root 2.2

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Ieisha, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ieisha

Ieisha New Member

Can someone please give me a dummy tutorial as to how to root my phone since I am now on Froyo . I still have the root explorer and superusers thing on my phone . I just need a good explantion how to get it rooted again
  2. TheJester34

TheJester34 New Member

People seem to be having success with this

How to: Root DROID X Running Official Android 2.2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Just make sure you have the updated drivers. Someone links them in the comments. Also, since there's not a full SBF for 2.2 out yet, I'd be careful about rooting. I don't think anything would get messed up, but I'm kinda new to this and don't know if the SBF that's out now will fix it if you mess up.