Roomy Leather Case w/clip

lizzz4

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm looking for a leather case with a belt clip, that opens at the top, but my phone has a hard shell case already on it. So that has to fit in the leather case as well.
I do have a leather one now, but I have to remove the phones case everytime I want to use the leather one with the clip.

I'm just looking for a leather top open case, with enough room to fit a motorola droid with a hard case snapped on to it.

Please help!

ghaselbe

Reaction score
The place I've found with the biggest selection of good quality leather cases at good prices is Top Quality Cell Phone, PDA & Ipod Accessories I have a couple of cases from them I specifically bought for my Samsung Vibrant (which I don't have a protective cover on) and they fit like a glove, so if you buy from the category specific to your phone, it might be too tight a fit. Therefore, I suggest you check out the site and then give them a call. Tell them what the issue is and the type and actual size of your phone and they may be able to direct you to something that will give you the extra room you want. I talked with them once when ordering another product, and they were helpful.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Me too!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm looking for a leather case with a belt clip, that opens at the top, but my phone has a hard shell case already on it. So that has to fit in the leather case as well.
I do have a leather one now, but I have to remove the phones case everytime I want to use the leather one with the clip.

I'm just looking for a leather top open case, with enough room to fit a motorola droid with a hard case snapped on to it.

Please help!

I'm looking for the same exact thing in a leather pouch! I have the Otterbox commuter case on my Droid currently, and I want a leather case with belt clip that my Droid with Otterbox case on it, can fit into....

That said, I have found that generic leather clip cases that were designed for the older Palm Treo 600/650/680/700 smartphones WILL accept a Droid with hard case on it!

The slight problem is that some of these generic cases are a tiny bit snug, however, they still work. The ones that I find that DO in fact fit my cased Droid easily, is that these cases are not to my liking (design and/or quality wise).

The ones I have found are at local shopping malls, where they have those free standing store kiosks that sell nothing but cell phone cases/covers/pouches. So go to your local mall and check it out!

Oh yeah... the Sprint HTC Evo leather case is a TIGHT fit for my Droid with Otterbox case, but maybe it will fit your Droid with your hard case? (I'm not sure what hard case you're using). I'm keeping my eyes open for aftermarket HTC Evo leather clip cases to start popping up, because there's a good chance they will work as well.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I just bought a case from Hedocell that they said would fit the DROID X. It does not even come close to fitting..And they will not return emails or calls for over a week now. Buyer beware!

Still in search for a good vertical case with a clip on the back.

bobsacks

Reaction score
Watch out for Hedocell!!!

I also ordered what Hedocell said was a vertical pouch for the Droid X. NOT EVEN CLOSE! Phone sticks out by 3/4 inch. When I brought this to their attention, they told me it would stretch with use and be OK "in a few days"... Yeah, right!

Avoid these people!!!!!

amn70

Reaction score
I actually bought mine on Ebay from the TheBluedot as well. Mine is a horizontal case that was designated to fit the Droid 2, though I am sure it fits the D1 as well. I forgot to account for having my clear hard case on my D2 but it actually still fits. It was a bit snug at first though it seems to be stretching with use so its better now. If you are using a smooth hard shell case it will work fine but if you have a sticky rubberized hard case like the Body Glove or a silicon case I suspect it will be real tough to put in and take out. I would say get Bluedots Droid X vertical case Marky Mark mentioned as it will give some extra room to accomodate a D1 or D2 with a hard case.

amn70

Reaction score
Tim is right about the center opening exposing the edge of phone but if you have the phone in a hardshell case then its not a problem. Also let me recommend that whatever case you get make sure the corners of the case don't expose the corners of the phone since even in a hardshell case if the holster falls off your belt and if it hits the ground on its corner it could possibly cause a direct impact on the corner of the phone and at the very least damage the hardshell case and without a hardshell damage the phone. Its unlikely that the center hole will allow the phone to come in contact with the ground in a fall no matter how it falls so I wouldn't worry about that opening from that standpoint. Below are examples of what I mean.

Get this:

HORZ-078-CASE-1.jpg

Not this:
DW_CENTRO.jpg

Flash4866

Reaction score
I just bought a case from Hedocell that they said would fit the DROID X. It does not even come close to fitting..And they will not return emails or calls for over a week now. Buyer beware!

Still in search for a good vertical case with a clip on the back.

Ditto here ... google Hedocell complaints and you'll see that we're not the only ones.

amerifax

Reaction score
For my last five phones I have purchased "ONE CASE" for each. A leather from Piel Framo. I have a Droidx it fits better than perfect. The case lets use use your phone 100% as it is meant to be done.

A bit pricey at $65. No it's not. I probably will be using it for 2 or 3 years. And it does have the leather feel and smell.

Bob