Rom's

dellefave28

Reaction score
i am lookin for a rom that would work for a non rooted D2..i cant seem to find how these work ive been searching the forums for hours. could anyone please take the time out to inform me on how to install a rom?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ROMS require root. ur gonna get installation failed everytime without a custom recovery (which requires root)

OP
D

dellefave28

Reaction score
ok so after i root what would be the way of going about this?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
probably installing the free rom manager to flash clockwork recovery then searching the forums to find one you like

just follow the directions word for word and ull be fine

detox

Reaction score
ok so after i root what would be the way of going about this?

Always make a backup before trying to install a rom. You can make a backup right from rom manager or you can do it in clockwork recovery as well

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dellefave28

Reaction score
what is this clockwork recovery? im so confused with this theme and rom thing i have just rooted my phone now..do i need to do anything special to protect it and so i can get the verizon upgrades??

detox

Reaction score
what is this clockwork recovery? im so confused with this theme and rom thing i have just rooted my phone now..do i need to do anything special to protect it and so i can get the verizon upgrades??

Well, by installing a custom rom, i believe you will lose the ability to recieve the OTA updates. I believe you will lose root as well. Someone please correct me if i am wrong

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, by installing a custom rom, i believe you will lose the ability to recieve the OTA updates. I believe you will lose root as well. Someone please correct me if i am wrong

OK. I'll correct you. :)

Installing a custom ROM does not mean you will lose root. Quite the contrary it is necessary for the installation of the custom ROM. For the D2 you will be able to receive updates provided you have all of Verizons bloatware in place.

You need to spend some time in the D2 hacking area. I'm going to move this thread there now.

detox

Reaction score

OK. I'll correct you. :)

Installing a custom ROM does not mean you will lose root. Quite the contrary it is necessary for the installation of the custom ROM. For the D2 you will be able to receive updates provided you have all of Verizons bloatware in place.

You need to spend some time in the D2 hacking area. I'm going to move this thread there now.

Sorry. I meant you would lose root with the OTA update. My bad.