Roms

imtheconvict

Reaction score
so i read somewhere that we can now do roms too. as i am new to android can someone provide me info on what i should do so i can recover my phone if something happens. How does the stock android os handle contacts that are synced, That is something i really hate about blur.

Cloppy

Reaction score
the phone was just rooted not too long ago so there are no roms that i know of yet. To revert back to stock there are sbf files which flash the whole phone back to factory. there is a sbf file out there. It shouldnt be too much longer there will be pinned posts and how-to's on how to do all that.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read the same thing you did i think. It stated that the D2 was rooted and that koush and someone else where working on ROMs.

That was some serious misinformation.

OP
I

imtheconvict

Reaction score
ok im glad im not the only one. I just want this blur off my phone i hate how the contact work with it. on another note i rooted last night i got rid of all the bloat ware that allways runs my phones still at 60% battery been txting and pandora all day. Def worth the root i can only imagine what custom roms will bring

mjones1052

Reaction score
Koush already had clockwork on the X, which is very close to the D2. Rooting would be different for the 2 phones, but I would imagine that his DX clockwork recovery app would just be a simple port once he gets around to it.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Will that mean you will be able to theme using all those metamorph themes?

Reaction score
Koush already had clockwork on the X, which is very close to the D2. Rooting would be different for the 2 phones, but I would imagine that his DX clockwork recovery app would just be a simple port once he gets around to it.

Id imagine there is some difference in the bootloaders and i wouldn't be surprised if that update to 2.2.20 blocked the exploit that koush found to get the loader on the DX

Will that mean you will be able to theme using all those metamorph themes?

Metamorph files mess with direct system files so im not sure if you applied anything it would kick the bootloader or not

Either way there arn't any metamorph files out for the D2 and i wouldn't try to use one meant for another device