roms

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by mje213, Oct 9, 2012.

1. mje213

mje213 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do find new roms for root users.

2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    There is a section of this forum called "Droid Razr Hacks", right next door, that has a sticky for Droid Razr ROMs. You can also go here for a more detailed listing of ROMS available for the Razr/Maxx: Droid Razr ROM's - DroidRzr.com. I take it from your profile that you may be new to Android or at least new to the Razr family. I"m not trying to insult your experience with Android or your knowledge in general, but you should be careful when flashing ROMs. There are some good ones out there, and there are some ROMs that simply are "not ready for primetime". If you are new to root and new to flashing then I recommend that you do some research and some "studying" of the two processes before you start flashing ROMs. From my experience, most users new to the process usually get into trouble (brick their phone or get into a bootloop) flashing ROMs. When flashing a ROM you need to read and follow the developers install instruction to a "T". Not doing so almost always spells trouble. The only other recommendation I'd offer is to not flash a ROM that has not been "out there" for less than a month. Most ROMs when first leased always have something that simply does not work right (camera, data, video player, bluetooth, WiFi etc). It usually takes the developer weeks to get everything working correctly. Just keep that in mind. Good luck. If you have question ask them...there's a lot of experienced users on this forum that can help you.

3. mje213

mje213 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you and yes I'm new to the whole root fam. Its just been something I've wanted to do with an android phone since they've been out.