1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Roms

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global Development' started by riguy156, Jun 17, 2011.

1. riguy156

riguy156 New Member

Im lookin for a RoM happened to fission ROM is it dead or was it placed by fenom? also iv heard of angel Rom could someone tell me the pros and cons of the roms available to the D2G with google and reserch iv found alot out but still cant make my mind up thanks for any help
  2. 60lpsdf250

60lpsdf250 New Member

Take a look in the Droid 2 Global ROM forum. Most probably all of your questions can be answered there.

D2G
  3. clouse2013

clouse2013 New Member

The head of Fission, Angdroid, has stopped developing for the D2G so it has no support. Fenom is a good rom as well as Angel. They recently collaborated and released HeXen rom which is imo the best D2G rom so far. Very fast, i think smoother than the rest of them. And also very stable. I used to think Fission was the most stable but now, i think HeXen is. Been running for almost two days and not a single random reboot. I havent noticed any bugs either.
  4. slimpirudude

slimpirudude New Member

Only way to get information you want besides the methods you already tried is, to flash one, check it out. Then next one. Stick with your favorite.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. 473x15

473x15 New Member

Fission rom is the best so far and tks alot to the developer this rom no need to be updated....

6. slimpirudude

slimpirudude New Member

I'm currently running cm7 on my global...I have tried fission, fenom, angelrom (up till cm), hexon. Its really all about prefrences man...any specifics just ask.

Sent from my DROID2GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. wildbill86

wildbill86 New Member

I have only tried hexen, and it seems to be really stable for me. I'm really enjoying it.

8. nka

nka New Member

What kernel are you using?

Are you on the stock Hexen kernel or did you flash an alternate? I want to get as much battery as possible, so I'm looking for a low voltage or ultra low voltage kernel like I was using on my old Droid1
  9. slimpirudude

slimpirudude New Member

You can flash kernels on droid 2 global??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  10. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Can't flash kernels but you can undervolt with droid overclock or quickclock pro on D2/DX/D2G. By the way, if you ask me, hexen and cm seem to be the best.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.
  11. nka

nka New Member

Thanks. I'm gonna go with Hexen for now and try the undervolt thing you suggested. I've only used SetCPU in the past, so I will be following this tutorial to lower the voltage: How to: Overclock the DROID X or DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog