Roms with Best Battery Life!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by dalkhoutoff, Dec 2, 2010.

1. dalkhoutoff

dalkhoutoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, lately, Ive been on the hunt for some battery saving roms. I have found that LFY's slayhers kernels work best with my phone. So I went experimenting with different roms using the same kernel. The fastest and most battery efficient one has been Project Elite v3.5. The rom that used to have the best battery life for me was liquids 1.71 rom. The newer ones not so much.

I know some will say that this is pointless. I mean all phones are different. Some may manage to have better battery life with different kernels and I understand that. Well, the reason I want people to do this is because a while ago, someone suggested a kernel and rom to me and it worked perfectly. So PLEASE, no absurd, lame, or just plain stupid comments about this. I mean, if you weren't interested, why would you be here at all?
    Just one more thing. No Rom-bashing! All devs deserve respect and donations for their hard work. This is by no means any sort of a accurate study so if you mess up your phones because of anything you see on here, then it is your fault.

What I want to know is what is your battery life like? Is there anything better than I have now?

To post your results:

(MAKE SURE YOU CALIBRATE YOUR BATTERY)
    How to calibrate:
    .1 Charge your battery up 100%
    .2 If using Clockworkmod (I havent used SPrecovery before) reboot into recovery and using the volume/camera controls, go to "advanced" and click "Wipe battery stats" and reboot.
    .3 Use the phone until it shuts down due to lack of power.
    .4 With the device off, charge it fully.

On average, Driod users report an improvement of about 5 to 7 hours of battery life per charge cycle after following the above mentioned steps, depending on your usage habits, possibly much more!
    After calibration, your voltage in spareparts should show 4200 or close to that number. Do whatever you want, I "suggest" you just browse the internet until you hit 50%. But, you can do what you want to to get down to the percent you want.

The 7 terms I suggest you use are:

Rom:

Kernel:

Percent:

Time since unplugged:

Amount of display time(this is the true test):

Describe usage of anything (drocap if you want):

SetCpu settings:

Here is my Battery life:

Rom: Project Elite V3.5

Kernel: LFY's Slayher kernel @ 1.0Ghz "Interactive"

Percent: 30%

Time since unplugged: 6hr 42min 22s

Amount of display time:2hr 42min 49s

Usage: 32mins of HRBattle3d, medium surfing, and 5 speedtests

SetCpu: 250/250 Screen Off OnDemand, 1000/250 Regular Interactive, 500/250 Temp > 42C OnDemand

Hopefully this will give a more accurate approach, people saying that they get 21+ hours on thier phone without turning the screen on.
    Any suggestions on any other settings that I missed go ahead and add a comment.

2. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    how do you calibrate your batter, my spare parts is showing 3700

3. dalkhoutoff

dalkhoutoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have added it in the OP.

4. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    anyone know how to wipe the battery stats without using Clockwork? I use SPRecovery.. is all its doing is deleting the batterystats.info file ( i think thats the name, it might be batterinfo.bin or something like that)

5. yoop

yoop New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen these instructions repeated in a few places, but is #4 even possible? How do you charge your phone with it off? Mine turns on the second I connect it to the charger and won't let you turn it off while it's plugged in.

6. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    is there a chance that you can hurt your battery by calibrating it?

Search tags for this page
battery saving rom for android
best custom rom and kernel for battery life
best powersaving android rom
best rom for android to save battery
droid 4 battery efficient rom

most battery saving rom android

which rom has the most efficient battery life?