1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Roms on Rooted .629

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Global Roms' started by hubblemuffin, May 29, 2012.

1. hubblemuffin

hubblemuffin New Member

I am working on my old D2G and i saw that there was a MIUI 2.4.2 ROM out there that looked really nice and rather powerful. However, after successfully re-rooting my phone by SBF'ing to .608, patching it, rooting it, restoring root, and reapplying a .629 OEM, i am having a lot of trouble even getting CWM recovery to work on it. It bootstraps, and i update the CWM recovery through ROM Manager, and I'm still having extreme difficulty flashing the MIUI ROM. Can anyone help me?:hail:

My apologies if i sound ignorant, ive been off the Droid 2G ever since I got my bionic.

Thanks!
  2. themib

themib Well-Known Member

"The correct way is installing Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery and using that to hijack. This will give you CWM 2.0.0.x. Once done, install the Droid X (2nd init) CWM via ROM Manager, and you'll end up with a fully functional CWM 5.0.0.x."

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. hubblemuffin

hubblemuffin New Member

I tried that just now and it put CWM 5.0.2.0 on it. booted to it from ROM Manager but whenever i select any of the options, it doesnt present me with anything further, just a blank screen with the CWM logo. it did this when i had the legitimate D2G CWM recovery. Thank you for the idea though!
  4. droidfellow

droidfellow New Member

Has anyone come up with an easy way to root .629?
  5. themib

themib Well-Known Member

Search tags for this page
.629 d2g roms
629 d2g rooted rom
d2g .629 rom

d2g .629 roms

droid 2 629 rom
droid 2 global .629 rom

droid 2 global .629 roms

droid 2 global 629 rom

droid2global. 629 roms