ROMs IN THE WORKS?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any devs working on a rom or custom rom and were can we check to see how far along they are on it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect ROMs to be in development yet particularly, but definitely soon. Devs might be waiting to see what GB is going to bring to the X2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
Well alright cause I've heard that there's some people out there who've gotten into the recovery boot mod and had most of there custom ROMs almost work.

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. I actually found the recovery apk via GO Dev website. It is a Chinese website, but the devs there are very intelligent. I've posted the apk in these forums and I also posted a Chinese ROM in the XDA forums. Though, I do not recommend flashing it, its a very good start. But I foresee GB breaking through in the next month for the X2, and even though I, and everyone wants a custom ROM now, it'd be more advantageous for devs to just wait till its release.

Last edited:
OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
Well that's understandable and thanks for telling me I was starting to get mad since no one was giving me a straight answer. :D

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The website you mentioned appears to be a pirating website. Discussion of app piracy is not permitted on droid forums and seeing as this particular website is a Chinese one and most android malware and Trojans have come from Chinese websites just like this one, please edit the name of the site out of your post.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The website you mentioned appears to be a pirating website. Discussion of app piracy is not permitted on droid forums and seeing as this particular website is a Chinese one and most android malware and Trojans have come from Chinese websites just like this one, please edit the name of the site out of your post.

Post edited. But I do not believe the website which was mentioned is in fact a website that should be accused of piracy. And either way, why would the english speaking users of this forum wish to even download an app that is in chinese?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I saw several paid games available for free download, its just policy and more to the point I'm just worried about the malware.

mario9701

Reaction score
I just went to the unmentionable website and I have no clue what the links do because I can't read chinese just wondering how you know they are paid apps for free

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just went to the unmentionable website and I have no clue what the links do because I can't read chinese just wondering how you know they are paid apps for free

Google translate

end of line...

mario9701

Reaction score
Oh.. thanks, didn't know that

zakth

Reaction score
re

I for one hope to see either CM7 or MIUI on the DX2.

JesseBrown2396

Reaction score
Im guessing the same answer kinda goes for themes too??

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
My apologies, digging deeper into the website I did find pirated copies of applications. I hadn't noticed this before because I was mainly in the forums. Thanks for pointing it out.

And as for themes, they'll follow development of ROMs.