roms failing to flash

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Yes cwm. I went to mount system and it did nothing. I the went to format system and then again to mount system. That time it said unmount system so I am pretty sure it mounted. But the ROM still failed.

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
OK. So download the 4.1.1 IMG and flash through fast boot. Then I should be able to flash other ROMs over that? Does that then become the system ROM?

shane1

Reaction score
No but it will restore the kernal from what I hear. fast boot the IMG file reboot make a backup then flash cm. Over on droidrzr there are pole t of how to's now

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay, I dont know how to fastboot. I have read about it but do not get it. Can someone break it down for me?

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Anyone? Help with fast boot. I can get into fast boot on the mobile but I do not know what I need on the PC.

KaChow

Reaction score
Anyone? Help with fast boot. I can get into fast boot on the mobile but I do not know what I need on the PC.

What you need is RSD Lite, which I have the newest copy which happens to be 6.1.5, you can download it here. Basically, it is a Motorola driver that is used mostly to restore devices through flashing firmware. After you download and install the RSD Lite open it, put your device into AP Fastboot mode, plug your device in to your computer via usb, make sure that RSD Lite recognizes your device, find the firmware and install it.

With all the latest discussions and before you proceede with this, is this still a problem because of the CWM recovery? If so might I suggest visiting this thread here, I spoke with Tucstwo who is the Administrator over at Droidrzr that originally put the Recovery Flashers together, anyhow, I provided him with Razr M specific Recovery .img's for both TWRP and CWM that I collect from Hashcode. Anyhow, I believe when we first talked you flashed TWRP that was designed for XT926 which didn't work properly, Tucstwo created Recovery Flashers specific to the XT907, might want to change Recoveries to TWRP, then see if you can flash roms and if that doesn't work, then I would definitely say something is wrong and try the RSD Lite route. Here is Tucstwo's thread Recovery Flasher V3.

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay when using that tool and flashing TWRP it hangs on the bootloader screen. When flashing CWM it boots into recovery. Will try to flash a rom next and report.

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay, That did the trick. Flashed CM10 just fine. Thanks.