ROMs/Development?

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I just got a Droid MAXX and have been unable to find a whole lot of development for it. Is there something I'm missing? I like it, but it's missing a lot of common sense stuff that I've gotten accustomed to in ROMs.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Nope. New file system, verge of KitKat, rough SafeStrap start. Give KitKat a few weeks to settle, the update is gonna be rocky all over. ROMs will start to trickle out then.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Ah ok thanks. I figured that because it's been out for a few months that there would be more around. And I wasn't sure if the bootloader had been unlocked yet.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Bootloader may not ever be unlocked. Don't know why, yet, but looking like a no go.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Gotcha. So that means that the bootloader doesn't have to be unlocked to install ROMs?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
SafeStrap gets us around, like it did for the Razr series...unless you got a developer edition.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Oh. Hmm. I didn't get a developer edition. I've not heard of SafeStrap before, but I guess I'll have some time to look into it before the ROMs come out. Thanks!

edon82

Reaction score
SafeStrap gets us around, like it did for the Razr series...unless you got a developer edition.

I just sew this and thought I'd comment and I may be wrong here so feel free to let me know but I don't have a Dev addition and if you go into setting s and long press build # under about phone its says congrats your now a developer...then u get all the Dev options

Last edited:

Einsteindks

Reaction score
That's just it, you have access to the developer options. Doesn't make you a developer anymore than cooking scrambled eggs makes you a sous chef.