Roms available for GB leak

Reaction score
I'm bouts to flash the latest version of the rooted GB leak when I get home and I already have one rom in mind that I'm gonna try (zombiestomped) but I wanted to know what other choices are out there and which ones people like the most. I know drewgaren.com has a few good ones from what I hear....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Broodcomb is the best gb rom I have seen!! But I heard zapx or something like that is a smooth and fast rom

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
What about the ones on drewgaren.com. anyone try those. How are they? and isn't there a version of liberty for GB now. Thought I saw a thread about it

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Oh yea. Sorry I was thinking about Crystal Clear ROMs. The ones that are all named after Jewels. Some or the are GB roms.

EDIT - or at least I thought they were. I am totally thinking of some other GB rom but I can't remember what its called. Oh well. Lol

ender4212

Reaction score
Is Broodcomb for the first GB leak? (573 I think?) or the newest(588) leak?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I believe all the available GB ROMs will work with the newest Leak. At least I hope so, cause I'm abouts to Flash the latest version from My Droid World, and I wanna be able to try the different GB ROMs. I'm gonna try ZombieStomp first, which I know for a fact that one works with the newest leak, cause he linked to it for people to download in order to use his ROM. So i would try that one. he has a DX and a D2 version. But Like i said, I only THINK that they all will work with the newest Leak, so dont quote me on that, I would be curious to know a definitive answer as well!

ender4212

Reaction score
If they were based on the 573 leak and you flash it over 588 aren't you basically reverting back to 573? I'm running stock 588 now and have removed the bloat, OCed, sysctl tweaks, etc and I'm loving how it's running. I always want to be tweaking something though, so I'm curious about this. I'm not interested in reverting to the previous leak in any way though.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
i see your point, so hopefully someone with more experience with the GB leak will answer us. I am in the process of waiting for my phone to charge right now, and when its done in a few min, i'm gonna flash the latest GB leak for the first time. I really wanna know which ones work with the latest leak. But if not all of them do, i'm sure that they will soon. cause i know the devs will update them. like I said, i'm gonna try ZombieStomp first, cause I promised the Dev i would be one of the first to try it for the DX GB leak (he already fully released the D2 version). But anyways, like i said, hopefully someone will answer that question on which ones work and dont work, with the latest leak, soon. I think ZapX works with the latest. I think if you look up the individual ROMs, they should tell you.

dxgeek35

Reaction score
All of drew garen roms are basses on the old leak. 573. That's all I know about the gb roms as of now

A

abn75

Running BroodComb here, and it is the .588 leak. Here is a screen shot to show you.

Attachments

• CAP201104241132.jpg
    CAP201104241132.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 455

ender4212

Reaction score
Hmm, good to know. I may look into it. I'm wondering why his instructions state that you need to have the .573 leak flashed first. Seems odd to me. Can anyone compare broodcomb to stock .588?

A

abn75

I have run both. I actually like Broodcomb much better. I asked Drew about that, flashing over the .588 leak, he told me it shouldnt be a issue. So all I did was follow the 3 zip procedure to get to .588 then flashed the rom. No issues at all setting it up. I think the main point of saying do it from the older leak was Broodcomb actually upgrades you to the .588 leak, or so it says on the website.

leonozug

Reaction score
I tried out both Zombiestomped and Drew Garen's Lexlite Gingeraid 4.2e yesterday. Both are really nice and fast, I even scored over 2000 in the quadrant on Zombiestomped. Scored in the 1800's with Lexlite.

Unfortunately, both roms ran really hot for me and battery life wasn't good on either rom, I was running Jrummys overclock app at 1.25Ghz on both roms, but on Rubix Focused I runs it all day like that and the temp never goes over 86F. These roms were running into the 100's. The hard buttons were lit up like crazy, maybe that had something to do with it. I cleared battery stats too, but Lexlite Gingeraid went from 100% to 40% batttery in like an hour. Had to SBF outta that.

I think I'll wait till the final X Gingerbread build comes out and get's rooted. Maybe then the battery life will be better for me.