Roms and Kernels update over 3 months please!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Nausicaa, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Nausicaa

Nausicaa New Member

I've been on P3's 600MHz kernel and UD 2.5.0 for the last few months. I'm looking for something that you may recommend.
    This was my order of use Sapphire, UD, (various, never was satisfied), UD 2.5.0.

My main issues are battery life and customization. I tried Sourcery which felt like UD 2.5.0 v2, but I didn't get good battery life with it.
    So I would like the following:
    Customization (leds and whatnot)
    Good battery life (more dependent on the kernel, but roms also play a part)
    Stable
    Galaxy S widget

As with kernels, any nice new kernels that give a boost to battery life? THANK YOU!
  2. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

You might give PE v4.2 a whirl. It's definitely my favorite froyo rom. I think it has all your requests except led customization (I think).
  3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I would totally go with Liquid Gingerbread 1.2.....We love LGB 1.1 and are going to be flashing 1.2 in the next day or so.
  4. lopedog

lopedog New Member

+1
    It does have customization with few different colors for calls and notifications.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

+1,000,000. Love LGB 1.2! Check it out.

6. Nausicaa

Nausicaa New Member

How is the battery with both? I'm interested. :)
    What is the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread from the user's standpoint?
  7. tdawg2008

tdawg2008 New Member

Ult Droid 3.0 and lv slayer 1.25ghz is where its at. :)

8. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

Well gingerbread still has a few kinks to work out but liquid's is pretty polished. That's why I recommended PE. GB has a lot of improvements like copy/paste is much better. Battery life was good on PE but slightly better on liquid in my experience. Remember a lot of apps haven't been updated for GB yet so they might get hung up in GB's resource manager.
  9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

10. Nausicaa

Nausicaa New Member

Project Elite was way too hot. It turned my Droid into a toaster, even when I put the same kernel on it it was around 100F normally. Very smooth, but not for my phone lol.
  11. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

How about this sexy duo:

Liguid gingerbread 1.2 - loads of settings, like performance, interface, and my absolute favorite thing, lockscreen changing, on the spot, 4 diffeent choices, and you can add in a custom app launch slider on the lockscreen! Also, there's a bootanimation changer built in, with lots of bootanimation choices!

Pros: fast!!!! very cool, meaning ur phone doesn't heat up! Responds to your touch faster than froyo, very custimizable (err...) without any need of installing any apps, built in clocking settings, better battery life than froyo!

Cons: no themes :(

RZR recovery - yes, a recovery :p you can actually change the colors! And its overclocked!

Pros: overclocked to be twice as fast than clockwork (1100 clocked), can CHARGE while in recovery :D, can change color of text, and I forget the rest, woops :/

Cons: version 1.8 currently can not install .zip files from anywhere on the sdcard, only the root directory, and /updates folder. HOWEVER, 2.0, which can be found by navigating a little in his website, DOES have that feature, with a few extra features.

BEST DUO EVER!!!

Edit: also, LGB has the pull down settings in the notification bar, and the rom is DEFINITLY stable!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer Developer

theres no themes... but if you have root explorer all you have to do is grab the theme manager apk from cm7 and install it to /system . then download some cm7 themes from the market or copy the cyanobread from cm7 too. it works fine =] .