Rom?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Nighky, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Nighky

Nighky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just hacked my Droid Incredible with the Unrevoked3 hack and now I want to actually use it to its full potential. But the thing is I dont know where to start and what to do. I don't yet fully understand the terminology used by most of you. I know that I need a ROM to run custom themes but I dont know which ROM or where to get themes or how to put them on my droid. I tried using Megamorph and it had me download busybox but that just said that it is not Nand unlocked which just came out of no where so I have no idea what that is. Arghh! The whole thing has been really frustrating and I just really need some help.

2. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch some youtube videos, thei have steps by steps help. Search "Hack Droid incredible.

3. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    here's a great place

This is where I get all my incredible roms
    IF you like sence UI there is now a release of froyo with sence UI for inc.

incredible ROMS | roms, news, and other cool stuff

I've run just about all of the previous releases.

If you dont want SenceUI anymore CM6 is pretty stable d/l rom manager for that one.

Here's a pic of my CM6 with supertheme

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of Jager rom with sence UI and Pink-Life theme
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 MAD450r, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  4. Nighky

Nighky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i now have 2.2 froyo but now there arent 2 disk drives only one. how do i store stuff on the phones internal memory again?

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    not sure

I have tried many roms and a few are like this with the incredible. Not sure why they dont all mount internal mem.

6. Nighky

Nighky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So there is no way i could ever put things on my internal memory again? like music or stuff?

7. Nighky

Nighky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, Is Froyo a ROM?

8. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    froyo

Is the latest version of googles OS for our phones. It can be d/l'd as a rom yes. there's 2 versoins I know of for incredible. 1 is CM6. The other is SkyraiderFroyoBeta1.7-signed.zip. I've treid both They both work about the same.
    If you want to keep your internal storage for now i'd run either stock rom or JagerRom1.7.3.zip which is based on the stock rom and also has sence UI.

9. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy crap, they have a pink life theme for the Incredible? Do you have a link for that?

This may actually put my fiance over the edge and force her to root :D

#9 Coolsaber57, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  10. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I Ported Jrummy's version from the MOTO droid

BUt the person I did it for says it broke her phone. She cant make calls. Noone could here her she said. :(
    It was working fine on my phone so its leading me to beleive there is more than one version of the hardware floating around. If you like to try it and see if it works for you I will link it for you, just want to for warn you she said it has issues so make a backup of your current rom before you try this one if you decide to, please let me know if it works for you.

Here's the last one I tried to make work for her this is over Jagerrom with sence UI
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I tested using Rom manager to reboot to recovery then I choose to wipe 3 times each then I install rom from sd card and choose this zip file.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8c2hw4dltn9k95u

Here's an overclock kernel or 2 if you want to use one with it. You dont have to use it if you dont want too.
    first one is 1.13ghz
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zfd7wn21qa2wmxd/hydra_1.13mhz.ocuv_ov2_n_v07_signed.zip

second one is 1.15ghz
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8i40qg6f1m2ys9r/hydra_1.15mhz.ocuv_ov_n_v07_signed.zip

Ok I redid this one over Jagerrom with sence UI. I installed it 3 times in row to test it wiping inbetween all install. So if it doesn't work for you please msg me right away and tell me whats not working.

I'll give it another try and I'll msg you when I get it working again for other's to test anyways. Think im going to try to make ti work over Froyo with sence UI this time since the other girl I was trying ot make it work for likes sence UI. I prefer it gone myself but am not doing it for me :)

#10 MAD450r, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  11. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, thank you!