[ROM] ZombieStomped 1.7 (.595 DX GB Motoblur build)

leonozug

Reaction score
Damn, camera and video camera are not working for me...."opps, cannot open camera, try again later"...
Any way to fix it? Other than that, everything working great!!

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Damn, camera and video camera are not working for me...."opps, cannot open camera, try again later"...

Mine are both working here. Maybe a reflash is in order? Strange indeed...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

J3anyus

Reaction score
Anybody try Juicemanes Gingercomb Juice 2.3.595 theme on this and know if it works fine? I'll post back here later today and let ya know, if I don't hear back in a few hours.
I'm wondering the same thing - have you had a chance to try this out and see if it works?

Working on it now. Had family stuff earlier, and I totally borked (er, bricked) my phone, lol, to the point where I couldn't even SBF it on my main workstation here @ the house. My laptop is @ work (which I regretted). Got fed up and whipped out the SliTaz disc w/ the Linux RSD-ish tool, and it worked like a champ the first time, er, it would have but one of the stupid cats stepped right on the power strip connected to my UPS and killed my USB hub. GRRRRR!!!!!!. It was like Monty Python here earlier; you wound't believe it unless you were here watching! :rofl3:

Anyway, I'm still working on getting the installation sequence down, but it looks good so far. Will post back shortly.

Cool, sounds good. I looked through the Gingercomb zip file and it doesn't look like it's doing anything weird, just replacing system files with themed versions, so I'm hopeful that it'll work. I'm going to give it a try too but I'm still on .573, so I have to SBF back to Froyo, then upgrade to .588, then .595, then ZS, then try the theme...so yeah, it'll be a little while :)

leonozug

Reaction score

Mine are both working here. Maybe a reflash is in order? Strange indeed...

Figures it would happen to me and not you Porkweasel!! lol!!

leonozug

Reaction score
Is there something I could do in Clockwork to fix the camera and video camera like wiping cache or dalvik cache? Or fixing permissions? I'm thinking I can flash the rom or data flash over it without wiping to fix it?

Last edited:

Getwired

Reaction score
@J3anyus and anyone else re: Gingercomb Juice

I would NOT flash Gingercomb Juice .595 over ZS 1.7! It replaces settings.apk (and other system apks) with the themed versions, yes. The framework DOES appear different. I'm working on a temporary patch until Juicemane can theme the system .apks from ZS 1.7 properly. If you flash his release from yesterday over ZS 1.7 you WILL lose your system settings. Hope you get this message in time J3anyus! :icon_eek:

J3anyus

Reaction score
I would NOT flash Gingercomb Juice .595 over ZS 1.7! It replaces settings.apk (and other system apks) with the themed versions, yes. The framework DOES appear different. I'm working on a temporary patch until Juicemane can theme the system .apks from ZS 1.7 properly. If you flash his release from yesterday over ZS 1.7 you WILL lose your system settings. Hope you get this message in time J3anyus! :icon_eek:

Thanks for the update :) Yeah, while I was waiting on my phone to SBF and do all the updates I figured I'd check everything out - the Gingerjuice theme changes the following files in /system:

app/BlurHome.apk
app/Browser.apk
app/LatinIME.apk
app/Settings.apk
app/SystemUI.apk
framework/blur-res.apk
framework/framework-res.apk
lib/libjni_latinime.so

I did a binary diff of each of these files from ZS against the deodexed Gingerbread .595 release from TBH. Here's what I found:

app/BlurHome.apk - only a few bytes different
app/Browser.apk - only a few bytes different
app/LatinIME.apk - only a few bytes different
app/Settings.apk - only a few bytes different
app/SystemUI.apk - extremely different, files have almost nothing in common
framework/blur-res.apk - files are identical
framework/framework-res.apk - extremely different, files have almost nothing in common
lib/libjni_latinime.so - files are identical

So it looks like the files changed by Gingerjuice are overall a fair bit different in ZS from the files it expects you to have (if you were running stock deodexed .595). So flashing Gingerjuice has a reasonable chance of breaking something in ZS, although since I haven't bothered to unpack the .apks I'm not sure what exactly would happen. But at this time I'll hold off on theming for a bit :)

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Hey guys im having an issue with beautiful widgets. It is having a problem with geolocation. It finds my location ok but after a while it keeps saying there is an error with finding it. It then gave me a pop up and said "beautiful widgets has been running for 45 minutes would you like to kill task"...any fixes?

Getwired

Reaction score
Gingercomb Juice .595 (modded) on ZS 1.7

...the Gingerjuice theme changes the following files in /system:

app/BlurHome.apk
app/Browser.apk
app/LatinIME.apk
app/Settings.apk
app/SystemUI.apk
framework/blur-res.apk
framework/framework-res.apk
lib/libjni_latinime.so

I did a binary diff of each of these files from ZS against the deodexed Gingerbread .595 release from TBH. Here's what I found:

app/BlurHome.apk - only a few bytes different
app/Browser.apk - only a few bytes different
app/LatinIME.apk - only a few bytes different
app/Settings.apk - only a few bytes different
app/SystemUI.apk - extremely different, files have almost nothing in common
framework/blur-res.apk - files are identical
framework/framework-res.apk - extremely different, files have almost nothing in common
lib/libjni_latinime.so - files are identical

Great minds think alike! Was doing basically the same thing earlier.

From what I've seen so far, if you just replace Settings.apk in the Gingercomb .ZIP file with the Settings.apk in the ZS ROM .ZIP file, things seem to work just fine. Yes, I would rather have everything themed out and working, but honestly the main reason I use Gingercomb Juice is because I love the notification bar, popup shading, CRT off, Xoom boot logo. The lock screen looks a little weird with this tweak, but I don't use the stock lockscreen anyway (I'm a WidgetLocker guy), so no big. I think I can get most of what I want right now, and things are stable enough until Juicemane can have a look at those .apk's in the ROM file and make a ZS version.

Great work, all! dancedroid THANKS!! dancedroid

chefb

Reaction score
Let me get this straight we could load this rom...have all the bells and whistles ...... but change the appearance . The moto theme makes the rom look like stock gb 595? If so nic:blackdroid:e ....looking forward to checking this out. Sounds like it might be cool good work.

Getwired

Reaction score
Gingercomb Juice .595 (modded) on ZS 1.7 - "Patch"

Not much of a patch, but here's my modded .ZIP (per the above). It'll save somebody some time. Flash from CWM after installing ZS 1.7. Don't use this once Juicemane comes out with a newer/proper update for ZS 1.7 (hopefully)!

CLICK HERE: Gingercomb Juice .595 TWEAKED "PATCH"

P.S: This is NOT fully tested as of 5/17:11 @ 00:20 ET, so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, and YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!

Last edited: