[ROM] ZombieStomped 1.7 (.595 DX GB Motoblur build)

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Jboxen, May 15, 2011.

1. Suicidetuna

Suicidetuna New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's hard to say if it will or will not work.

Without sounding like an @$$, you could be the crash test dummy for us. Just make sure you do a backup. HAHAHAHA

That's how I found out the .591 Bluebread theme worked on .595.

2. echonaut

echonaut Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most ROMs that work with 595 will probably work with 596 -- it's only an incremental update. Every zip that I've tried that's been meant for anything as far back as 588 have worked flawlessly with 596.

I'll give it a shot in a bit and come back.

3. Suicidetuna

Suicidetuna New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well actually now that I think about it, it will probably go over the top of a 596 build but the ROM itself is not built on 596. So you will just revert back to 595.

someone else could probably add or confirm this.

4. echonaut

echonaut Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, that's exactly what happened. Flashed on top of 596 fine, but now About Phone is reporting 595.

Seems that 595 and 596 are interchangeable; I'd like to see a changelog between the two of them, because I wouldn't be surprised of 596 only differs in that it's the release version, with nothing terribly significant changed.

5. gogreenrangergo

Ratings:
    +0
    never mind found my answer.

#365 gogreenrangergo, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  6. Porkweasel

Porkweasel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Customizer Question: I can switch between themes without any need for wiping correct? I mean, I don't have to go back to stock ZS1.7 before trying every theme. Just curious as I'm not used to using Terminal Emulator all that often. Thanks.

7. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I tried for the 3rd time yesterday to install Zombiestomped. Heres what I'm doing. tell me if im doing something wrong cause this is the third time I have gotten stuck at boot logo after already installing EVERYTHING back on my phone, google sync, all apps restored using My Backup Pro, etc etc etc. about 3 restarts each time with no problems. but once I get the phone set up completely and run Droid2 bootloader to make a backup it just sits at the bootlogo.
    currently running Deodexed 2.3.3 version 4.5.595.MB810
    I backup my system...as always.
    wipe data
    I run the zombiestompedROM.zip file.
    wipe data
    while still in recovery I run the zombiestompeddata.zip
    I boot up. takes awhile to get past bootlogo. finally boots up
    I install droid2 bootloader.
    install My backup Pro which takes FOREVER becuase the market tries downloading all my apps at the same time.
    reinstall ALL my apps through My backup Pro.
    restart. and nothing. cant get passed the boot logo. I've tried this 3 times now. I swear I've restarted once in there a few times I cant remember what I was installing or restarting for but I know for a fact I have restarted at least 3 times successfully.
    Is it possible that Mybackup Pro is causing it to crash after installing all the apps?
    I'd like to run the ROM but dont want to risk my phone crashing in the middle of the night and not waking up for work.
    and I'm getting sick of SBF'ing back to froyo, installing the 3 parts for .588. then installing the new .595.

#367 r1nstang, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  8. Porkweasel

Porkweasel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would go back to a good backup of .595, get into recovery, wipe data, install the actual ROM, wipe data again, install the DATA, then directly install the customizer update. I didn't see in your process any data wipes like it says on the first page of the post in the directions.

9. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry man I left out the data wipes since they become rather automatic these days. I data wiped while on the original .595 ROM. installed Zombie ROM...wiped installed DATA. that was on the first 2 times I tried running it. this last time he had the customizer up and I went from stock .595 wiped installed Zombie ROM wiped installed Data and installed customizer.
    Ill update my original post. thanks!

10. sf11035

sf11035 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on .596 right now and want to flash zombiestomped, should i just wait for the update based off of .596? will ZS1.7 flash right over 1.8 when it comes out? I dont want to have to redo all of my settings. thanks

11. antintyty

antintyty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think someone tried this earlier...it reverts you back to .595

haven't heard anything about a 1.8 release yet...

12. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I've read, you can flash it over .596 and it will work fine but you'll pretty much be taking yourself back to .595.

Edit: antintyty beat me to it

The dev said he'll work on a .596 version when the D2 gets an OTA. So we're waiting on the D2 before we get a new version.

Search tags for this page
.595 gb
bluskyline21
download stock moto blur droid x rom

droid x zombiestomped

rom zombiestomped untuk droid2
zombiestomped rom droid x