[ROM] ZombieStomped 1.6 (.591 D2 GB Motoblur build)

Dennelly

Reaction score
I put this on my phone yesterday and I must say it's pretty good. I don't ever remember coming from work with still 40% battery. Only thing I've noticed so far was that titanium backup gave me a few issues at first and sometimes light flow continues to blink after the notification has been checked.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I haven't had that issue at all actually. I run ADW EX... so... ha. I still don't have notification LEDs working... :( but light flow works for that. It's weird cause only the stock GB leak has LEDs working. Any custom GB rom only email flashes green and then a super short white one when I started a call.. wierd.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Dennelly

Reaction score
Anyone else here having issues with Locale not picking up the plug ins?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
download it from swype.beta

Yeah, sorry, should have included that I did that...downloaded the swype installer (the only way they let you get it), installed the current version of Swype, and I get the "The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact swype..."

Didn't work on 1.5 or 1.65...I'm using slideit in the meantime, but for me Slideit is a step down from Swype, and really would like to have Swype working.

Any suggestions? (Aside from going back to Froyo...I like Zombie Stomped too much. :) )

jdog94

Reaction score

Yeah, sorry, should have included that I did that...downloaded the swype installer (the only way they let you get it), installed the current version of Swype, and I get the "The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact swype..."

Didn't work on 1.5 or 1.65...I'm using slideit in the meantime, but for me Slideit is a step down from Swype, and really would like to have Swype working.

Any suggestions? (Aside from going back to Froyo...I like Zombie Stomped too much. :) )

you have to use root explorer or something like that
go to data/apps and system/app and delete swype and anything swype related the get the swype installer and install

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

you have to use root explorer or something like that
go to data/apps and system/app and delete swype and anything swype related the get the swype installer and install

Thanks very much! That worked...deleted all instances of Swype files/folders in /system, /data, etc., using Root explorer (left the Installer swype files alone) and then rebooted, searched again w/root explorer to ensure that I hadn't missed anything, and then ran the installer and Swype installed and works. :D I think I caused this problem myself....I did a Titanium restore after installing ZS1.5 and that probably included the older Swype files. Forgot to deselect restoring it.

I have been saddened to see D2 development slowing recently...it is really heartening to see the work you are doing here...both the quality and speed of your development is impressive. Thanks...just sent you a donation.

Last edited:

drom

Reaction score
Okay. I'm having the same problem as 1.5. When I view contacts and then a few minutes later I hit Dialer from homescreen, it doesn't take me to the dialer, it takes me to contacts. Is there a fix for this? I did a full wipe coming from 1.5.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Okay. I'm having the same problem as 1.5. When I view contacts and then a few minutes later I hit Dialer from homescreen, it doesn't take me to the dialer, it takes me to contacts. Is there a fix for this? I did a full wipe coming from 1.5.

Does it really matter? Contacts are just a part of the dialer, a tab away. That's why I don't have separate shortcuts for them.

And I think this ROM is a great example of how people aren't giving up on this phone. New devs coming in and new ROMs being started is awesome. Sure Apex and Liberty rock, but competition and innovation ensure all ROMs get better features over time. Personally the main thing I miss coming from my D1 would be the power widget in the pulldown. That was damn convenient. Anyone who makes that in GB wins at everything forever. Including weddings, football, running, and art. *explosion*

drom

Reaction score

Does it really matter? Contacts are just a part of the dialer, a tab away. That's why I don't have separate shortcuts for them.

And I think this ROM is a great example of how people aren't giving up on this phone. New devs coming in and new ROMs being started is awesome. Sure Apex and Liberty rock, but competition and innovation ensure all ROMs get better features over time. Personally the main thing I miss coming from my D1 would be the power widget in the pulldown. That was damn convenient. Anyone who makes that in GB wins at everything forever. Including weddings, football, running, and art. *explosion*

It may not matter to you, but if I'm asking it means it matters to me. If there is a dialer shortcut I expect it to go directly to the dialer. Either way I figured out a way around it. Thanks for your pointless reply.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Glad you figured it out! What exactly did you do just for future reference? Doesn't just depend on what state you left it in? Was this a dialer shortcut you made or the one that came with the stock launcher/dock? Just curious. I don't think I've run into that problem. Just no notification LEDs for me... but the charge light works! It's so bright and vivid... lol

drom

Reaction score
I had to create a shortcut by long pressing. When you create the shortcut it gives you the option to set it to favorites, contacts or dialer. Yes the shortcut in the drawer is dependent on the state you left it in. If you looked at your contacts last then the dialer shortcut would go to contacts. I didn't have this problem with 1.3. I'm glad I figured it out. Although it was something minor, it was still a little annoying.

LED isn't working for me either. :-(
I hope it is fixed soon.

Last edited:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't know LED Notification was an issue for some people. LED notifications seem to work for me...at lest it was blinking away green (email) when i went to bed last night. Also found Lightflow the other day and am going to enable that anyway...really like the capability for customizing repeating LED/audio reminders that it provides.

Last edited:

Whenintexas

Reaction score
Installed nicely from zs1.5. didnt wipe anything, but its good to go so far. Great job.

Micro23

Reaction score
Led working over here for emails. Havent tested the other led actions

Bug report: when you open the phone sideways and go to unlock a thin line shows up as you slide. No big deal jusr cosmetic.