[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

humungus

Reaction score
I don't know where I saw the other post, but I'm also getting the occasional hardware key doesn't register bug. I've notice it most often when I've just run a quadrant and try to back out. I'll keep messing around and see if there's a pattern here.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Could the .5 back up assist patch work on this version?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yes it works just fine

Edit: Using the patch will load backup assistant, however, it will not sync contacts only because it requires the blur contacts to be able to view all of them. So if you don't have it, backup will work, however you will only be able to view the contacts that are synced with google, or your calendar.

Last edited:

anrichardson

Reaction score
Will the brightness zip that peter alfonso has out work with this rom?

Edit: I did try this, but didn't notice any change, so reverted back

Last edited:

anrichardson

Reaction score
Far as themes, will there be a vannila theme to revert back to? Sorry for the confusion earlier Drod.

Edit: Easiest way atm is to flash 1.0 on top of it again. It'll clear themes. No need for wipes. -@drod2169

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

masse

Reaction score
Put 1.0 through its paces. So far I can't seem to find any obvious bugs at all. I can't honestly tell if it is faster than 0.5 or not because there was nothing particularly choppy with .5. The stock launcher is slow of course (which is no fault of the rom), and I really wish there was a way to make it snappier because I prefer the simplicity to LPP. In fact, is this some sort of FPS cap? I noticed live wallpapers don't seem to affect the performance as I would expect.

Battery life might be improved, but it also could be placebo effect.

Love the included Nexus wallpaper. I had been looking for that for a while.

Overall awesome ROM that I will be keeping a while.

Jakeworld

Reaction score
This is a great ROM and general performance is quite good. I have been using Rubix Focused since v0.3, and have been very impressed thus far. However, I have a couple of issues since the update to v1.0, that may be associated with the complete removal of BLUR from the ROM.

1) Perhaps it's just me, but I am unable to find an option to change the font in the default messaging application. Size 16 is just too big for me to comfortably read, and I typically change the font size to 14, which I was able to change in v0.5, but not with the latest update.

2) The camera application seems to lack any features for changing the resolution. I realize the previous application was based on BLUR, and thus the current version is significantly different, but perhaps I am unable to locate the option, or this generic version simply does not afford a comparable feature set.

Otherwise, v1.0 seems very stable and is a pleasure to use. Thank you for all of your hard work.

rocafella203

Reaction score
just one issue ive noticed in the market...apps wont download and show in the notification panel. Ill start the download, then it goes to 100 % but then dissapear out of the notification panel and not be downloaded. any ideas??

anrichardson

Reaction score
This is a great ROM and general performance is quite good. I have been using Rubix Focused since v0.3, and have been very impressed thus far. However, I have a couple of issues since the update to v1.0, that may be associated with the complete removal of BLUR from the ROM.

1) Perhaps it's just me, but I am unable to find an option to change the font in the default messaging application. Size 16 is just too big for me to comfortably read, and I typically change the font size to 14, which I was able to change in v0.5, but not with the latest update.

2) The camera application seems to lack any features for changing the resolution. I realize the previous application was based on BLUR, and thus the current version is significantly different, but perhaps I am unable to locate the option, or this generic version simply does not afford a comparable feature set.

Otherwise, v1.0 seems very stable and is a pleasure to use. Thank you for all of your hard work.

I wont be able to help you out on issue #1, cause I use google voice, but on issue #2, he is going to make a patch to install the other camera.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
just one issue ive noticed in the market...apps wont download and show in the notification panel. Ill start the download, then it goes to 100 % but then dissapear out of the notification panel and not be downloaded. any ideas??

Having a similar issue... first could not find google car home in the market so I sent it to my phone from appbrain. Showed the download and install both went fine but it is not showing in my app drawer at all. Shows in settings>apps>downloaded though Did a reboot and it's still not showing in app drawer so no real way to access it

humungus

Reaction score

Having a similar issue... first could not find google car home in the market so I sent it to my phone from appbrain. Showed the download and install both went fine but it is not showing in my app drawer at all. Shows in settings>apps>downloaded though Did a reboot and it's still not showing in app drawer so no real way to access it

The new google car home doesn't show up for DXs, perhaps other phones as well. You can download it using other means (like you did) but it won't show up in the app drawer. It should open once you're in a car dock, but you can always add a shortcut to the home screen if needs be. Again, this is _not_ a rubiX issue.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

The new google car home doesn't show up for DXs, perhaps other phones as well. You can download it using other means (like you did) but it won't show up in the app drawer. It should open once you're in a car dock, but you can always add a shortcut to the home screen if needs be. Again, this is _not_ a rubiX issue.

Ok cool I just thought about that a minute ago that it may not open up unless in cardock.

Thanks again!

thepolishguy

Reaction score
don't have time for a lengthy post. maybe later. just wanted to say- awesome so far. been running for about an hour. will see about battery and other stuff. very cool.

If I am using Zeam launcher- can I remove the stock launcher app?

thanks.

anrichardson

Reaction score

I haven't had that problem yet, not sure if anybody else has though. My apps download and stay in notification until I clear or click on them.