[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

sephtin

Reaction score
As far as jumping from the Fission rom to this one whats the cleanest way. I loaded Fission as the first rom ever loaded on my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Can anyone help me on how to install this, it's my first time and I know there's always the 2.2 Flash to fall back on but I'd like to do it right the first time. I downloaded the rom and the patch, now what apps do I need? I did download the clockwork one for free online but haven't installed it, then I need rom manager.. what do I do from there? Also, is installing the camera patch any different? Thanks!

Install instructions are in the first post. Follow them, and you should be set.

Only things I think the first post might not mention... are to make sure you have the Droid X Bootstrapper app installed (available from dev's website, or from Market), and ROM Manager won't hurt.
Once those are installed, open DroidXBootstrapper, and press
Bootstrap Recovery. For the step in the install instructions in the first post... just open this app again, and press Reboot recovery. Should be set!

I also recommend ROM Manager, for 2 reasons.
1) there's a very easy, one button "Backup Current ROM" option
2) You can install rubiX by doing the following
--Open ROM Manager. If it's the first time, press the top option: "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
--Choose Download ROM
--Scroll down and select DRod2169 (developer of rubiX Blurry and Focused ROMs)
--Press focused, and follow the prompts. It will ask you which keyboard you prefer, and which camera. When it asks you if you want to backup, do this if you didn't previously, and please check the "clear data/cache" option. it'll reboot into recovery, and install. Pretty much an automated version of the install instructions in the first post.

Hope this helps!

sephtin

Reaction score
How do you go about installing the camera patch?

--Place the .zip file on your SDCard
--Open DroidXBootstrapper app, and press "Reboot Recovery"
(In recovery, use the volume rocker to navigate up and down, and the camera button to select. The back button will move you back out of a submenu...)
--Select Install .zip from SDCard
--Select Choose .zip from SDCard
--Find and select the patch .zip file
--Scroll to and select yes
--Hit the back button on the phone, and select Reboot now

Hope that helps!

GTvert90

Reaction score
It seems like the first time it sleeps after booting up the hard keys back lighting doesn't want to go off. I'll keep a closer eye on it and let you know if I notice it any other times.

Piercing Heavens

Reaction score
Code:
# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/01cpuod
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/02vm
# busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
So I finally ran that on my phone. Holy crap. Random things are so much faster. When using LauncherPro, pressing the home button brings up that cool preview of all the screens. The first time I did that normally, it took a short time to show that. Now, it comes up instantly. I can't even imagine what this command will do when drod fixes his "typo".

And what does those command really do?

Would this decrease my battery life?

Piercing Heavens

Reaction score
I always get a force close when trying to open the Battery History. Is there a fix to this? The Battery History really is the only thing wrong with this ROM.

Finkployd

Reaction score
I always get a force close when trying to open the Battery History. Is there a fix to this? The Battery History really is the only thing wrong with this ROM.

It is a Froyo thing on the driod x. Every rom has this issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mysticalman

Reaction score
I used ROM manager to install without a hitch. I am loving the speed and no longer suffer from the random rebooted with the stock rooted rom.

Went from a benchmark of around 900's to 1400 without trying. I had an error 500 or 400 issue with slacker which for me would have been a deal breaker for me to use this ROM but a quick search and delete with root explorer took care of the issue.

I can't say haw happy I am with my choice to go with this ROM. Also if you are unsure of which camera and keyboard to go with ROM manager has an option that allows you to swap those out without having to wipe and reinstall the ROM which is nice.

If you are debating stop wasting you time get ROM manager and install this rom you wont be sorry!

MM

mysticalman

Reaction score
Oh yea before i forget thank you for all of the time effort and hard work you put into this ROM it is greatly appreciated! I will be donating as much as the budget will allow soon!

MM

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok so i reinstalled this im coming from apex now i cannot install any apps from the market

juancito

Reaction score
ok so i reinstalled this im coming from apex now i cannot install any apps from the market

I installed the rom yesterday I was able to use market but today is a no go on downloading apps...

johnny9374

Reaction score
it keeps telling me that it starts a download then i get download unsuccessful this goes for my paid apps too
ok i had to the clockwork recovery app manually got it on the sd card went into reboot recovery wiped data and cache again now i think everything is cool

Last edited:

juancito

Reaction score
Same here trying to google it to see if its a market place issue

juancito

Reaction score
Seems to be working now but cant install street view