[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

n0m0n

Reaction score
OK so I now have noticed that my rebooting isues happen when I use QuickBoot.
I tried PowerOff and I can reboot into my device but with Quickboot I get stuck a the M screen everytime I try.

Is this a known issue?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I tried PowerOff and I can reboot into my device but with Quickboot I get stuck a the M screen everytime I try.

Is this a known issue?

Looks like it is now. I wouldn't recommend using it with rubiX since Its not playing nice.

n0m0n

Reaction score

Is this a known issue?

Looks like it is now. I wouldn't recommend using it with rubiX since Its not playing nice.

What app do you use to reb?oot

sephtin

Reaction score

Is this a known issue?

I second this.

Now, because of my endless curiosity, what's quickboot. :S

Edit:

There's a button on the top of hte phone.. if you hold it, it prompts you to "Power Off". Then if you wait a few seconds, and press it again, it powers back up! No app required!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Is this a known issue?

I second this.

Edit:

There's a button on the top of hte phone.. if you hold it, it prompts you to "Power Off". Then if you wait a few seconds, and press it again, it powers back up! No app required!

^ That made me lol :icon_ banana:

n0m0n

Reaction score

Is this a known issue?

I second this.

Edit:

:) :O

Funny... yeah I can power cycle but the 1 touch reboot is a nice option.

DaveG1968

Reaction score
I still can't get custom ringtones for individual contacts to work, and I've tried Ringdroid as well as aContact as an alternative contacts manager. Anyone else still having problems with this, or have any other solutions?

scott021467

Reaction score
I still can't get custom ringtones for individual contacts to work, and I've tried Ringdroid as well as aContact as an alternative contacts manager. Anyone else still having problems with this, or have any other solutions?
Had no problems with ringtones for individual contacts. Just went to contact and hit the menu button on my phone and a pop up menu appears with "edit contact", "share", "delete" and "options". Pressed options and was able to set ringtone with android system or Zedge.

sephtin

Reaction score

First I've heard of this.. have had several people say that ringdroid DOES indeed work. Hopefully someone that's done this will comment! :)

Edit: Thought about it. Theme installed? Any chance that it tried to replace the contacts app, or .. something? *ponder*.

That should work. :(

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Hate to say it, but maybe a restore/fresh install is in order.

DaveG1968

Reaction score

First I've heard of this.. have had several people say that ringdroid DOES indeed work. Hopefully someone that's done this will comment! :)

Edit: Thought about it. Theme installed? Any chance that it tried to replace the contacts app, or .. something? *ponder*.

That should work. :(

Nope. No theme installed. Made a few small changes, like changing notification bar to black, changed battery icon in bar, etc. But nothing that should have changed anything regarding contacts. I did what the other user said, went into contacts, picked contact, Menu->Options->Ringtone and set ringtone to the one I want, but it still uses the default ringtone for the phone. Any other ideas that don't require wiping everything out and starting over? Lol! If I have to do that, I'll deal with no custom ringtones....they ain't THAT important. Haven't had any other issues with this ROM either. Weird....

Edit: It gets weirder.....I've tried several different ringtone files, and only some of them don't work. It plays the preview of the ringtone just fine when I select it, but won't play it when the phone rings. Other ringtones work fine. Oh well, at least it's a start. I'll try replacing the ringtone files that don't work and see if that does anything. Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:

Malaka128

Reaction score
Not 100% on this being answered but, does anyone else deal with random reboots? I've had this problem with all the rubix roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mpetruzz

Reaction score
So i just installed this ROM. I've been at the rubix boot screen for about 10 minutes. I know that it takes a bit for the first boot. But I'm starting to think I'm screwed.

So now, how do I fix??

luv2increase

Reaction score
Not 100% on this being answered but, does anyone else deal with random reboots? I've had this problem with all the rubix roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I've never heard of anyone having this problem on Rubix 1.0 yet.

Make note that Verizon/Motorola just came out and said they were aware of a REBOOT problem on some Droid X phones.

Reboots are also a sign of too little voltage, too much voltage and/or too high of an overclock. Just because your OC may appear stable on one ROM does not mean it will remain stable on another ROM.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So i just installed this ROM. I've been at the rubix boot screen for about 10 minutes. I know that it takes a bit for the first boot. But I'm starting to think I'm screwed.

So now, how do I fix??

Did you wipe data/cache?

If not, boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset.

Hell do it anyways.