[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

sephtin

Reaction score
Fixed ;-). I know what the chmod permissions do. I guess mucking about on my system partition is not something I do lightly.

So drod, are you going to release a patch to fix those files? I feel like I can trust you more than others (no offense to luv2increase...).

Well what was posted was a direct quote from what I put on xda.

In the next release, they will be fully functional. The problem is the permissions being set on the initial install. Once they're set you can reboot and they'll run fine, like they were supposed to. A patch was my original plan, but I figured i'd save it for the next release so I can actually tell you guys what the tweaks are in the change log.

Drod, do you know if with the next release, users of corporate sync e-mail will be able to move emails to folders?

Only option I know of, is different email application. Don't have an account to test with (drod either, to my knowledge), and only know of 2 options:
1. touchdown app from market:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/exchange-for-android-2-x/com.nitrodesk.droid20.nitroid
2. Blur messaging/email/etc. etc. etc. which requires blur framework.
3. The dev. of the app updates it. (I believe it is either from the DroidX SDK, or compiled from AOSP.. (??) drod would have to confirm it's source).
Unless someone else has solved this, it's a known issue, but is a limitation of the app itself..

Edit: bleh, replied to wrong post. Fixed.

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Its not a script, its changing permissions for 2 files, all though I have no idea what they are.

Fixed ;-). I know what the chmod permissions do. I guess mucking about on my system partition is not something I do lightly.

So drod, are you going to release a patch to fix those files? I feel like I can trust you more than others (no offense to luv2increase...).

Well what was posted was a direct quote from what I put on xda.

In the next release, they will be fully functional. The problem is the permissions being set on the initial install. Once they're set you can reboot and they'll run fine, like they were supposed to. A patch was my original plan, but I figured i'd save it for the next release so I can actually tell you guys what the tweaks are in the change log.

Drod, I could change the permissions in the install script... let me know exactly what you want changed, and I'll tweak the install script before the next version...

sephtin

Reaction score
Is anybody else missing their stock clipboard? Whenever I go to copy and paste something, I can only paste, I can't go to "paste from clipboard". Anybody else noticing this?

This was previously reported. Don't know of a fix...

sephtin

Reaction score
would anyone know how to get the old gallery back? Not a fan of the 3d gallery anymore... thanks in advance!

I believe the Fission team has the stock gallery available in their addons(??) and it works on Focused. don't believe they have it posted tho. I'll see if I can't get it posted as an UNOFFICIAL optional install on my site...

Edit:
Posted. Please keep in mind, the developer of Focused is intending for this ROM to be completely void of BLUR. It's not an official patch, it's not supported. Use at your own risk.

More info here:
http://www.sephtin.com/?p=118

Last edited:

dave8311

Reaction score
Copy from clipboard is the only thing I really miss. I hope there is a way to get this back.

BTW....The blur alarm clock can be found in the tray, sort of. There is an icon on there for clock. Click on that and the lower left corner is the blur alarm clock..... almost. It doesn't have all the features.

Works great on my DX

sephtin

Reaction score
Copy from clipboard is the only thing I really miss. I hope there is a way to get this back.

BTW....The blur alarm clock can be found in the tray, sort of. There is an icon on there for clock. Click on that and the lower left corner is the blur alarm clock..... almost. It doesn't have all the features.

Works great on my DX

I have been recommending Alarm Clock Plusv2. Has nearly all the features of the Blur alarm clock and more (shake to snooze, and/or math problem to snooze/dismiss are my favorite features.. heh). :p

Alarm Clock PlusV2? - Android app on AppBrain

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
i am having a hard time booting into ClockModWork recovery.
I have a Droidx with 2.2 (OTA) installed.
I have bootstrap as well as rommanager installed.
I enabled bootstrap but every time I choose to reboot I to through a normal boot up right into my device.

I checked and I am rooted with SU showing all the authorizations to root.

I don't understand.
Anyone help?

Thanks

sephtin

Reaction score

n0m0n

Reaction score
OK so I was able to boot into clockwork recovery...
After the rubiX Focus 1.0 installed I backed out to reboot device...
Well I didn't boot into the OS or whatever, I got stuck at the M screen...

After 2 battery pulls I finally got back into the device.

What do I need to do to address this???
It has happened MANY times in the past.

Thanks

luv2increase

Reaction score
OK so I was able to boot into clockwork recovery...
After the rubiX Focus 1.0 installed I backed out to reboot device...
Well I didn't boot into the OS or whatever, I got stuck at the M screen...

After 2 battery pulls I finally got back into the device.

What do I need to do to address this???
It has happened MANY times in the past.

Thanks

It sounds to me like a hardware issue to be honest.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
someone who prefers the stock 3g hotspot from moto over wifi tether because it supports AP and not just ad-hoc.. try this version:

extract it from the zip and install as any app

if it works, i will include this from now on.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Finally got this rom installed.
Should I not have the 2.2 gallery app?
Not a problem just wondering.

Thanks

Forgot to also ask how do
I get the Street View on Google Maps to update?
Its failing to update.

thanks again

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get the LINK CONTACT option back?

Install a ROM based on Moto's framework, it's a blur function.

Edit:
I believe the equiv. method for this version of the contacts app is join?

Try this:
--Open a contact.
--Menu> Edit contact
--Menu> Join

This will MERGE the contacts though.... Not "Link" them...

Last edited: