[ROM] [ROM] Xtreme Outcast - 2-21-2012 ICS 4.0.3 v1.7 With Nightly Themes

dougi990

Reaction score
You might have to set the proper permissions. Just take a look at everything else in /system/app . Is it not showing up in your app drawer or does the app just not work?

Won't show up in app drawer

Eyethinkikn0wu

Reaction score
I flashed rom & kernel and everything went through fine but I'm not able to connect to 4g/3g. Wifi works fine though. Help?

dougi990

Reaction score
OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'll double check and get back to you.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Never tried HDMI...I don't really have a want/need to plug in to a TV. Try posting in the thread on XDA.

I...love...turtles

Reaction score
Never tried HDMI...I don't really have a want/need to plug in to a TV. Try posting in the thread on XDA.

Thanks for the quick reply. My plan was to replace my laptop with my phone. I have a monitor that supports HDMI and a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Scott's CleanROM supports it but I'm not a fan of Sense. I'm really digging the stock ICS feel in your ROM. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I will head over to XDA.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish this were my ROM. This is Xtreme Outcast's ROM. I just reposted the initial information here with his approval.

On topic, since they don't have the same base I would say give it a shot but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work. Scott's ROM is his own concoction of the Sense leak and his own tweaks. Xtreme's ROM is based on NewToRoot's version of the ICS leak. So while they share a base, one swaps out a bit more for the AOSP/Senseless feel.

dougi990

Reaction score
Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'll double check and get back to you.

What up smith, hey any progress with with the VVM just a thought is your rom deoxed or odexed cause i was reading around and that will screw up apps, and another question have you seen any rezounds with batt problems with this rom, only reason i ask is because after i installed this phone batt got weaker and weaker and finally wouldnt turn on happened once before your rom and twice after i figured just a dud phone but just wanted to check anyway. Anyway hit me up

I...love...turtles

Reaction score
My battery issue's weren't that bad, but got worse after installing this ROM. Check your screen brightness. For some reason this ROM maxes out the screen brightness automatically, even after I adjusted it. I got around this by selecting 'auto-brightness'. It's not the best and not what I like, but it's better than before. Hope this helps.

Insidious

Reaction score
My battery issue's weren't that bad, but got worse after installing this ROM. Check your screen brightness. For some reason this ROM maxes out the screen brightness automatically, even after I adjusted it. I got around this by selecting 'auto-brightness'. It's not the best and not what I like, but it's better than before. Hope this helps.

I've noticed that too. I'm wondering which file has the kernel scalings in it, that usually is the source of SOME of the battery drain.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

SleazyClown

Reaction score
I tried flashing this rom from recovery and when I hit power to select the ics-4 folder to flash it opens up to 3 more folders-data, meta-inf, and system and I don't understand y it isnt flashing. I followed this step first-

"PH98IMG.zip
To Install place in root of sdcard. Reboot toFastboot, power up to confirm install."

Then I downloaded the ics rom and moved it to the internal sd card. After I rebooted to recovery I did a nand backup. I then wiped cache and data. I go to flash zip menu, then go to internal sd card, and i see the ics-4 folder but when i choose it, it doesnt install it just leads to the other 3 folders previously stated. If someone can please tell me what I am doing wrong thank you.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Those instructions seem to be based on a stock recovery or are just written funny. Which version did you download?
For most versions you can use these instructions.

1. Open the ROM zip file and extract boot.img(keep on your PC)
2. Flash the ROM zip file in Amon Ra
3. Reboot into HBOOT
4. Connect to your PC
5. Flash the kernel using fastboot("fastboot flash boot boot.img")
6. Reboot into your ROM(be patient this can take a few minutes for first boot)

SleazyClown

Reaction score
Where should I be extracting the boot.img file to? Ithought it does that when I download the file. When I place it on the phones internal sd card isnt that iextracting it there? Sorry for all the questions