[ROM][WIP]MIUI for Droid 4

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
I'm working to try another build with a lower version of MIUI, 2.8.x seems to be giving some people issues. I'll replace the build tonight. No promises it'll be better, just different.

Crap, just noticed this made it to the front page somehow... Pressure's on :icon_eek:

Last edited:

dirtymik3

Reaction score
this is awesome, i'v wanted miui for my d4 since i got the phone! :biggrin: at first i turned on wifi and thought, hey, didnt he say this doesnt work, so i go to look at this thread and it sure does, so i look down at my phone to see it hotbooting, note: this was about 10 minutes after i turned wifi on, it wasnt getting a connection at first so im thinking the problem might be with a conflict when you actually start connecting to a hotspot, anybody tried turning it on when theres nowhere to connect?
all in all i am pleased AF, runs smooth and looks great, just get that data up! :biggrin: :hail::hail::hail:

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the support. I haven't tried turning on wifi where's there's no connections, but I know it hotboots even if you're not actively trying to connect to a network.

Unfortunately I've got a family emergency going on right now, so it might be a week or two before I'm able to get anything done. I appreciate your guys' patience, I want this to work just as much as you do. Maybe when I come back to it there will be some useful progress on other devices I can look at.

Last edited:

Froyo

Reaction score
Hey...saw that this thread is still inactive after I last checked, about a week ago. Just wondering if this project is still actively being developed, and if so, if any progress has been made into making the wifi and data work. MIUI is the only ROM I care about running on my D4, and I know most other D4 owners would love to have a working MIUI port as well. Hope all is well.

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
I had to leave college for a while to tend to family matters, but I'm back now. I'll get back into the groove of things soon.

Where it stands:
There's no 4G CDMA Moto phone with a working MIUI to look at, so we're in fresh territory here. I'm trying to find a build for the Bionic that has working 3G and I'll take a look at that. My linux partion doesn't seem to play with with the apk decompiler and recompiler tool, so that puts a major damper on things...

Edit:
So evidently there was a build for the Bionic that had working data (3G/4G/Wifi) but for the life of me I can't find it.

Last edited:

Carboi81

Reaction score
I too have ran into a road block. My computer died. Was just now able to afford to repair it, now I am hoping that I can save everything from the old hard drive. If not, I will start from scratch

Ttdag

Reaction score
Any good news on this with working wifi and stable data connection?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Status update?

Things kinda quieted down there for a while, but with SS3 and the quick transition times between rom slots and Usb mount working, deving should be a whole lot easier. I'm going to get back into the groove of things.

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
I'll be honest guys, I've given it everything I've got, but I can't do this. I've never developed before and I've been trying to teach myself as I go, but taking on something like this was more than I can chew. Unless someone makes a clear cut method on how to fix these data issues, I have to throw in the towel.

I'm very sorry to disappoint anyone who was looking forward to this, know my heart was in it and I couldn't deliver. I openly welcome anyone to use what I posted in any further research.

I'm sorry.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

kwyrt

Reaction score
I'll be honest guys, I've given it everything I've got, but I can't do this. I've never developed before and I've been trying to teach myself as I go, but taking on something like this was more than I can chew. Unless someone makes a clear cut method on how to fix these data issues, I have to throw in the towel.

I'm very sorry to disappoint anyone who was looking forward to this, know my heart was in it and I couldn't deliver. I openly welcome anyone to use what I posted in any further research.

I'm sorry.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

It's cool man. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
I don't know, the download link worked fine for me.

And I made a few more test roms, because I really feel bad abandoning the project, but still no success. As far as I know, CDMA motorola devices struggle with miui. If I see any news on how to fix it, I'll give it a shot