[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

boy_

Reaction score
Thanks! Couldn't get the remote to work earlier and I tried a different camera that worked but the ui was wonky.

I'll try again when I have more time to play. The Mrs was getting a little uppity that I was tweaking the phone all day lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

steveo17

Reaction score
Thanks! Couldn't get the remote to work earlier and I tried a different camera that worked but the ui was wonky.

I'll try again when I have more time to play. The Mrs was getting a little uppity that I was tweaking the phone all day lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

use this for the remote. its a little bigger and some of the colors are off but it works great for me and survives rom updates

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mdv22jyuwlerp5/QRemoteG2_slim2_unsigned.zip

cheami

Reaction score
Are the status and navigation bars suppose to be non transparent on the lockscreen? All 4.4 ROMs or experience I've had, the bars should be transparent.

briguy503

Reaction score
I just noticed that the data usage is not showing the data that has been used, and won't let me change the billing cycle. But loving this ROM.

Thanks

Reboot fixed the data usage.

Last edited:
OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Are the status and navigation bars suppose to be non transparent on the lockscreen? All 4.4 ROMs or experience I've had, the bars should be transparent.

Check #2 on the op for a temp fix for this. It just has not been merged into CM11 yet. It's nothing WILD.

cheami

Reaction score
Check #2 on the op for a temp fix for this. It just has not been merged into CM11 yet. It's nothing WILD.

That will not remove the status and navigation bars on the lock screen. This will only fix the normal home screen cut off on wallpaper, which was not an issue for me, as I changed the wallpaper normally when I first flashed complelety fine.

veloct

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't get a chance to try before it got pulled for XDA. Glad someone on Google+ let the VS980 users know where to go.

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
I have had one SOD. I expect to have more. I think the issue lies more in the g2 firmware and until they find it we may have to tolerate it. All speculation of course. Only way to avoid SODs right now is a stock ROM.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

chrisexv6

Reaction score
I just flashed this last night....no SODs yet, but I have had one random reboot.

The most stable non-stock ROM Ive had has been CM10.2 M1 build. It lasted 2 weeks of uptime before having a random reboot. Since then, the 11/20 nightly and Gummy were very unstable. After a day or so the CM nightly would give me random reboots, and the Gummy build would give me SODs. Wiping caches seemed to slow down the occurrences of each but then they started again.

Anxious to see if this build lasts longer between reboots or SODs but so far I cant tell. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to them either, so I dont know if my phone has a hardware issue or if the builds are just still a little flaky.

ejames.91

Reaction score

jimmyt

Reaction score
no sod's for me. In fact everything's been fairly smooth. Lots of wakelocks, but still getting decent battery life - although today will be a good test since I flashed it on Friday night. I miss some of the AOKP features - most notably custom led timing and nav ring customizations. But all in all, running well!