[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

nsideguy

Reaction score
I'm on VZW and my GPS isn't working. I tried GPS test and it says that GPS is on, but 0 satellites are in view. Not sure if this is an issue with all Verizon phones, or maybe I need to do that fix where you get a lock on a stock rom and then flash. If it's the case that I need to get a lock on with a stock rom, can I do a recovery back up, flash the stock get the lock, and then restore the backup? or do I need to flash a fresh 4.4?

briguy503

Reaction score
I'm on VZW and my GPS isn't working. I tried GPS test and it says that GPS is on, but 0 satellites are in view. Not sure if this is an issue with all Verizon phones, or maybe I need to do that fix where you get a lock on a stock rom and then flash. If it's the case that I need to get a lock on with a stock rom, can I do a recovery back up, flash the stock get the lock, and then restore the backup? or do I need to flash a fresh 4.4?

I just tried in Google maps and I got a GPS lock. And I'm on a Verizon g2, which this ROM is for.

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
Did you take the ota in stock? That is key, taking the OTA, getting a lock on stock and then Roms flash with no GPS issues (unless stated by developer).

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

steveo17

Reaction score

I had the same issue on 10.2. I restored to my stock back up got a lock and then restored back to cm and it's been perfect ever since

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

nsideguy

Reaction score
So I made a back up of 4.4, flashed cleanrom 1.0, got a lock, restored backup and now it works! :)

One more thing I noticed was today was when I went into my voicemail and deleted them there was still an icon in the notifications that said new voicemail. When I restarted the phone, however, it went away.

briguy503

Reaction score
So I made a back up of 4.4, flashed cleanrom 1.0, got a lock, restored backup and now it works! :)

One more thing I noticed was today was when I went into my voicemail and deleted them there was still an icon in the notifications that said new voicemail. When I restarted the phone, however, it went away.

Nice! I'm glad you got it working.

boy_

Reaction score
I ran this Rom all day and had no problems with GPS but I couldn't get mms to work (known issue) . What caused me to flash back to stock was the God awful dpi, I played with the buildprop and borked something up and got all kinds of google play errors. Could've dirty flashed the rom (I kinda forgot to make a backup of the buildprop) but opted to restore instead.

For me coming from the gnex, I thought I'd miss the more pure experience but, frankly, lg has put a lot of polish on its skin and its apps. I would LOVE a flashable zip of the camera, remote, etc tested and working on cm.

Knowing me, I'll be flashing again soon as this rom gets 100% dialed in (I'd call it 99% now) but I'm going to have to do some homework on porting the stock lg apps or find someone who has.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

glarue

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for the ROM; been running for a couple days now with very few hiccups. Aside from MMS, I've only had some minor transient freezes and a couple of reboots (which may be due to app incompatibility with 4.4, not ROM itself). Battery life has also been good; I'm sitting at 67% after 10h 44m of runtime and two hours screen-on time.

K

krazie1

Can anyone check if temple run works? I tried it and the screen would become unresponsive.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

iOSh8er

Reaction score
I ran this Rom all day and had no problems with GPS but I couldn't get mms to work (known issue) . What caused me to flash back to stock was the God awful dpi, I played with the buildprop and borked something up and got all kinds of google play errors. Could've dirty flashed the rom (I kinda forgot to make a backup of the buildprop) but opted to restore instead.

For me coming from the gnex, I thought I'd miss the more pure experience but, frankly, lg has put a lot of polish on its skin and its apps. I would LOVE a flashable zip of the camera, remote, etc tested and working on cm.

Knowing me, I'll be flashing again soon as this rom gets 100% dialed in (I'd call it 99% now) but I'm going to have to do some homework on porting the stock lg apps or find someone who has.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

LG Camera: [APP] LG Camera mod for KitKat AOSP Roms - xda-developers

Remote: [APP] QuickRemote IR Blaster for AOSP roms - Page 10 - xda-developers

Please note that they do not currently run using ART.