[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

ClydeDroid

Reaction score
This is a fantastic ROM. It has been more stable for me than the official CM 10.2 stable release. However, one bug I am noticing here (as well as on every CM build I've flashed for the VS980) is that when the phone first boots up, the time is wrong, giving me numerous app errors that direct me to change the date/time. For some reason, the phone forgets the correct date/time and sets itself to sometime in 1970. This has been the case on CM 10.2 nightlies/stable, as well. The carrier updates the time correctly within seconds of booting up, but not fast enough to prevent several error notifications. Anyone else experienced this?

RHCP, thanks so much for all your hard work.

I've actually noticed this too, but I forgot since I rarely reboot, and I assumed it might have been because I recently changed time zones, but I guess your theory makes more sense ha. Not really a huge deal though.

jsmith85

Reaction score
I've actually noticed this too, but I forgot since I rarely reboot, and I assumed it might have been because I recently changed time zones, but I guess your theory makes more sense ha. Not really a huge deal though.

Glad it's not just me on the G2. I've googled it and noticed that other people have had the same problem on other devices, but have never seen any devs comment on it before.

You're right, certainly not a huge deal. Just a little annoying having to clear out several error notifications every time I restart. Hopefully RHCP will be able to comment on it for us.

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
I my many year of flashing, reboots and sods have always been contributed to the kernel. I think once cm starts tweaking kernel elements this will be resolved. That is a total guess mind you...but one made from experience. The kernel is the engine, when your car doesn't start it is rarely the steering wheel or seats to blame.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just an update of a quirk that I've now found with the 12/01 build

With regards to phone calls. If you ignore a call and they leave a voicemail, the system won't tell you until you reboot the phone.
Has happened quite a few times now. Not the end of the world, but it is something that would need to be squashed.

Reginald476

Reaction score

With regards to phone calls. If you ignore a call and they leave a voicemail, the system won't tell you until you reboot the phone.
Has happened quite a few times now. Not the end of the world, but it is something that would need to be squashed.

Who are you using for VM?

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Who are you using for VM?

Just using the stock VM , no additional apps or anything.

It's odd too, just had my wife call me, I ignored it, she left a voicemail
but I get no prompt to the fact until I reboot the phone.

wondering if it has something to do with the "fixes" for the MMS / phone number issue / preferred system??

simon_lefisch

Reaction score

I had the same issue. Got a call, ignored it. Rebooted 10 minutes later, received notification of a VM. After I deleted it, VM icon was still there. Waited a few minutes to see if it would disappear but didn't until I rebooted again.

Djarule

Reaction score
I tried flashing this rom and it gave me an MD5sum error. I'm using TWRP 2.6.3.2, should I update the TWRP and will I lose my back-up if I do? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am a noob.

tombepa

Reaction score
I tried flashing this rom and it gave me an MD5sum error. I'm using TWRP 2.6.3.2, should I update the TWRP and will I lose my back-up if I do? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am a noob.

Need 2.6.3.3

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Well Guys,

Once again with no sleep at all, I was told that the cyanogenmod team has released a buggy version of cm11 4.4.1 out to the pubic. With broken youtube and media and very laggy.

well, Here I bring you a fully working 4.4.1 + 4.4.1 gaaps thanks to banks!

Please check the top thread and please do donate. I spend 5hrs bringing this to you!

Thetaman

Reaction score
Well Guys,

Once again with no sleep at all, I was told that the cyanogenmod team has released a buggy version of cm11 4.4.1 out to the pubic. With broken youtube and media and very laggy.

well, Here I bring you a fully working 4.4.1 + 4.4.1 gaaps thanks to banks!

Please check the top thread and please do donate. I spend 5hrs bringing this to you!

Thanks for your hard work. Just a question, are you saying your build doesn't have the YouTube issue and lag?

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
The cm team version doesn't have those elements broken. Mine works. Its animation is lagy though and live wallpaper crashes.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk