[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

Thetaman

Reaction score
Looking forward to next build. Going to try a completely clean install and not use Titanium Backup for the most part. I'm still getting several SOD and reboots a day...just had another right now. :(

kl2oo0

Reaction score
As, this rom is pretty much rock solid and doesn't reboot. I really do not think I will be updating it much unless I see new CM features to add to it which are worth the build time.

ROM is fairly solid but there are still occasional reboots. I get one every day or two(yes clean flash etc). everything else working good for me.

steveo17

Reaction score
hey RHCP could you investigate a bug where when wifi is on but not connected (phone is just on 4G) it gets stuck off and only a reboot will enable wifi again? if i turn wifi off theres no problem though

just4747

Reaction score
hey RHCP could you investigate a bug where when wifi is on but not connected (phone is just on 4G) it gets stuck off and only a reboot will enable wifi again? if i turn wifi off theres no problem though

I get this same exact bug daily but also that the Wifi also cannot see local networks at all until reboot (which doesn't matter because it won't connect Wifi anyway, like said above).

Also still getting several reboots a day - usually connected to powering the screen on with knock on OR with the power button, and often reboots during phone calls- right in the middle of talking. So annoying..

jmileti

Reaction score
Usb otg was working. Now its not. Anyone else notice this. Was able to transfer files the other day. Now it mounts but says 0 gb available and 0 gb used. Gonna try an app and see if it fixes anything

Edit. No luck cant find and drives. Wtf.

Last edited:

ASN-121

Reaction score
Usb otg was working. Now its not. Anyone else notice this. Was able to transfer files the other day. Now it mounts but says 0 gb available and 0 gb used. Gonna try an app and see if it fixes anything

Edit. No luck cant find and drives. Wtf.

Is this from a clean install? I confirmed for rhcp originally that it was working on the 12/1 build, and I just checked again, and it still reads just fine.

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
I am on a different build right now but I tried something earlier and had to reflash. Once I set up I was in crash and sod city. Went back into cwm and wiped cache again and reinstalled rom and gapps. Been stable since. Worth a try.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

jlee08517

Reaction score
3rd reboot today... :(

try changing it to interactive from on demand. ever since I haven't had a single reboot for a little more than a full day so far. knock on wood...

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

desantim

Reaction score
It's crazy, it's so disheartening seeing so many people with so many problems on this ROM.

I quite literally haven't had but one SOD or crash since I started using this ROM. I came from the 11/27 build, dirty flashed 12/1 and have been going ever since. My battery life is outstanding, I mean, 20+ hours or more with typical usage, and I don't know... I haven't made a single change to the system, kernel, CPU, anything.

I highly suggest for those having huge issues, wipe wipe wipe, install the ROM, clear cache/dalvik, install GApps, clear cache/dalvik, Do NOT sync apps from google, reinstall everything by hand, if you absolutely must restore info, do so, but likely this may cause issue with some apps on the back end.

When I first came from the 4.2.2 LG rom, I was having google install info to my 4.3 rom and then 4.4, I had all kinds of issues having apps auto install and settings sync. So I clean installed, did not allow google to restore from the cloud, and I have been flying high.

YMMV.

Reginald476

Reaction score
It's crazy, it's so disheartening seeing so many people with so many problems on this ROM.

I quite literally haven't had but one SOD or crash since I started using this ROM. I came from the 11/27 build, dirty flashed 12/1 and have been going ever since. My battery life is outstanding, I mean, 20+ hours or more with typical usage, and I don't know... I haven't made a single change to the system, kernel, CPU, anything.

I highly suggest for those having huge issues, wipe wipe wipe, install the ROM, clear cache/dalvik, install GApps, clear cache/dalvik, Do NOT sync apps from google, reinstall everything by hand, if you absolutely must restore info, do so, but likely this may cause issue with some apps on the back end.

When I first came from the 4.2.2 LG rom, I was having google install info to my 4.3 rom and then 4.4, I had all kinds of issues having apps auto install and settings sync. So I clean installed, did not allow google to restore from the cloud, and I have been flying high.

YMMV.

I have had the same experience, following the same steps you listed above (wiping and flashing clean). Since flashing 12/1 I have not had single reboot or SOD. Great work RHCP.

jmileti

Reaction score
Is this from a clean install? I confirmed for rhcp originally that it was working on the 12/1 build, and I just checked again, and it still reads just fine.

Yes clean flash. Restored everything from market. No restoring of any data.

Edit: all set i forgot i installed wootevers cm11 kernel. Dirty flashed. All back to normal. Thanks

Last edited:

ClydeDroid

Reaction score

YMMV.

Same here. Totally loving this ROM, not a single problem yet. RHCP deserves a medal.

jsmith85

Reaction score
This is a fantastic ROM. It has been more stable for me than the official CM 10.2 stable release. However, one bug I am noticing here (as well as on every CM build I've flashed for the VS980) is that when the phone first boots up, the time is wrong, giving me numerous app errors that direct me to change the date/time. For some reason, the phone forgets the correct date/time and sets itself to sometime in 1970. This has been the case on CM 10.2 nightlies/stable, as well. The carrier updates the time correctly within seconds of booting up, but not fast enough to prevent several error notifications. Anyone else experienced this?

RHCP, thanks so much for all your hard work.