[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

just4747

Reaction score
Hey OP, any chance you can merge in the code (if available yet) for Torch to work/Torch quick toggle, and any other common CM features like modifying navigation ring target and lock screen ring targets (again, if available yet)?

If not ready yet from CM, then no biggie obviously..

And do you or anyone else know how we can get the new KitKat Phone app features working like phone book lookup and auto caller ID for businesses? It does not work currently. Is it the Gapps that this depends on? Most of us are using the Full Paranoid Android 4.4 Gapps that just had a new version released.

Thanks!

jesssiii

Reaction score
@just4747, I tried the Google kk dialer from banks and it didn't work either. He said it doesn't work with all ROMs. I didn't try it with Gummy.

LG G2 VS980 (VZW)

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Please do not mention Gummy in this thread. thx.

Just look at ours vs theirs. their stuff is broken. only two people have a working 4.4 rom for the G2.

briguy503

Reaction score
I am wanting to try another gapps zip. Do I need to wipe to try the new gapps zip I downloaded? Thanks!

asalvi0

Reaction score
Hi, just flashed, first custom ROM I decided to install, and looks good, I found a couple of minor issues:

* When phone is turned off and connected to charge, the led doesn't lights up; and after some seconds the phone automatically turns on.
* Knock OFF is not working, but Knock ON working great.

Thanks for your dedication and good work, I will contribute donating to this project, and hope every owner of VS980 using this ROM donate too.

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Hi, just flashed, first custom ROM I decided to install, and looks good, I found a couple of minor issues:

* When phone is turned off and connected to charge, the led doesn't lights up; and after some seconds the phone automatically turns on.
* Knock OFF is not working, but Knock ON working great.

Thanks for your dedication and good work, I will contribute donating to this project, and hope every owner of VS980 using this ROM donate too.

You are welcome

just4747

Reaction score
New build is up for your guys - It should fix USB OTG support. Let me know if it works.

Might fix some other stuff too, I re synced with CM mainline.

Have a good thanksgiving

I tried plugging in a micro SD card via a Meenova Android card reader, and it says 0gb out of 0gb size in the Storage menu. Same when trying to mount the card via an actual OTG to female USB cable connected to a regular USB MicroSD card reader.
These both worked fine on other ROMs, so OTG still not working??

Last edited:
OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
I tried plugging in a micro SD card via a Meenova Android card reader, and it says 0gb out of 0gb size in the Storage menu. Same when trying to mount the card via an actual OTG to female USB cable connected to a regular USB MicroSD card reader.
These both worked fine on other ROMs, so OTG still not working??

Define other roms? As in stock ? Are not many 4.4 heh

just4747

Reaction score
Define other roms? As in stock ? Are not many 4.4 heh

Just on CM 10.2 when I was on it, but that doesn't really matter. Was just saying that these methods of card reading worked for me then and do not now, even on your latest release.
Just my input since you said the issue should be fixed. I can test any fixes you put out if needed, let me know. Thanks.

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Just on CM 10.2 when I was on it, but that doesn't really matter. Was just saying that these methods of card reading worked for me then and do not now, even on your latest release.
Just my input since you said the issue should be fixed. I can test any fixes you put out if needed, let me know. Thanks.

Ah ok. Thanks yea need to work on it.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

asalvi0

Reaction score
Found another couple of issues:
* when changing the network mode (2G/3G) from quick settings not working
* if I go tomobile networks settings to choose another carrier, it automatically starts to search not allowing to choose manually nor clicking the automatic optiin too

Thanks