[ROM] VZW_2.4.5 - Stars Wars, No Star Wars, Clean & Super Clean

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score
Red/Mota... since you guys are using this, maybe you can give me some info... I remember with the 2.3.15 that the txt message order was screwed (at least with the stock app). Can either one (or anyone for that matter) verify if the timestamps on your texts are accurate and arriving in the correct order?? Im itchin for some tweakin, but I don't wanna get a couple days int it to realize that the texts are out of order....

THANKS!!!

hedge605

Reaction score
Motaboy,

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Two things:

1) There is a bug with SMS text messages timezone/timestamp that was also present on 2.4.0. If I use the stock messaging app, the times on the messages are correct. If I use any widgets or replacement apps like Handcent, all incoming text message times stamps are 6 hours behind. I'm not sure where to look... system timezone is correct (CDT). Any ideas here?

2) I modified android.policy.jar that disables Haptic Feedback (vibration) for the lock screen slider. I think a lot of people would love this change. Can I send it to you so you can package it up?

-Tyler

roboots21

Reaction score
Motaboy,

Two things:

1) There is a bug with SMS text messages timezone/timestamp that was also present on 2.4.0. If I use the stock messaging app, the times on the messages are correct. If I use any widgets or replacement apps like Handcent, all incoming text message times stamps are 6 hours behind. I'm not sure where to look... system timezone is correct (CDT). Any ideas here?

2) I modified android.policy.jar that disables Haptic Feedback (vibration) for the lock screen slider. I think a lot of people would love this change. Can I send it to you so you can package it up?

-Tyler

Handcent has a setting where you can adjust the timestamp offset of the messages you receive.

Go Settings->Receive Message Settings->Set Delivery report offset. Set this offset correctly and your timestamps will be perfect :)

hedge605

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, that doesn't correct the "Message" widget that is a part of Launcher Pro. The times were perfect before the ROM update with no changes to any apps or widgets, so something system wise has changed and I'd rather get it fixed the right way...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, that doesn't correct the "Message" widget that is a part of Launcher Pro. The times were perfect before the ROM update with no changes to any apps or widgets, so something system wise has changed and I'd rather get it fixed the right way...

Yup - same here, LP Messaging widget is showing messages 6 hours off.

Mexigreek

Reaction score
Dialer and calendar widget

Thank you so much for the ROM. Finally my D2 runs faster then my D1.

I have a question about the dialer. When you hit the Voice-mail button on the dialer screen (to the right of the green send phone icon on the bottom middle) it does not go to voice-mail but just exits out to the home screen. I'm running the super clean ROM. Is this because of the removal of Blur and I would have to run the full ROM to get this back?

Second question - when I try to put a calendar widget on a screen it just backs out to the home screen. Is this also a issue with the removal of blur?

I was just curious.

Thank you Motaboy for the hard work!!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI:

I'm finding the Battery Manager FC is consistent for me.

Cleared data on it, that seemed to fix it for a bit. Then it came back (no reboot).

Tried the "plug it in, open Battery Manager, close Battery Manager and then take it off power and it doesn't FC again" trick and that doesn't help.

I'm on the full, no star wars version...

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the ROM. Finally my D2 runs faster then my D1.

I have a question about the dialer. When you hit the Voice-mail button on the dialer screen (to the right of the green send phone icon on the bottom middle) it does not go to voice-mail but just exits out to the home screen. I'm running the super clean ROM. Is this because of the removal of Blur and I would have to run the full ROM to get this back?

Second question - when I try to put a calendar widget on a screen it just backs out to the home screen. Is this also a issue with the removal of blur?

I was just curious.

Thank you Motaboy for the hard work!!

Just place the VVM apk file back into system/app folder on phone. You can download the full rom to get the file...

Motaboy,

Two things:

-Tyler

I guess that is a bug with the ROM itself rom Moto. I am running the android message app and I do not have that issue with LP or anything else.

Sure send the file over.

Thanks!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
FYI:

I'm finding the Battery Manager FC is consistent for me.

Cleared data on it, that seemed to fix it for a bit. Then it came back (no reboot).

Tried the "plug it in, open Battery Manager, close Battery Manager and then take it off power and it doesn't FC again" trick and that doesn't help.

I'm on the full, no star wars version...

Not sure what that issue is but it is so minor that it doesn't bother me :)

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Thanks Motaboy for all the hard work. Did you happen to see what I asked about the black status bar for clean rom too?

oshigeru

Reaction score
CP30 showed his stink gold ass again. If anyone sees him bouncing around the ROM can you tell me where so I can get rid of him...damn lightsaber was gettting repaired :p

C3PO shows up when you call somebody who is in your contacts but has no picture set.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Motaboy for all the hard work. Did you happen to see what I asked about the black status bar for clean rom too?

May have missed it but I will get the black status bar up soon.

CP30 showed his stink gold ass again. If anyone sees him bouncing around the ROM can you tell me where so I can get rid of him...damn lightsaber was gettting repaired :p

C3PO shows up when you call somebody who is in your contacts but has no picture set.

I got it all fixed...just waiting to post the update in case it shows up in some other places.