[ROM] VZW_2.4.5 - Stars Wars, No Star Wars, Clean & Super Clean

blankdvd

Reaction score
I noticed cache was mounted when i did the install so I unmounted, unwise possibly?

blankdvd

Reaction score
hopefully it all gets fixed. went back to 2.40 for now. Not a big deal though. Also, as a side note, he should leave the DLNA stuff in the ROMs, that way we don't need to plug the damn phone in to a computer to copy music to it. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Clean ROM is being uploaded...sorry. All fixed. Give it ten minutes.

GibMonkey

Reaction score
Can it be? Do my eyes decieve me? Now is this really really REALLY fixed? ;) I want that black bar too my man!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hopefully it all gets fixed. went back to 2.40 for now. Not a big deal though. Also, as a side note, he should leave the DLNA stuff in the ROMs, that way we don't need to plug the damn phone in to a computer to copy music to it. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Copy the two DLNA packages to system/app, set proper permissions and reboot.

Can it be? Do my eyes decieve me? Now is this really really REALLY fixed? ;) I want that black bar too my man!

Yes it is fixed. I forgot to add bua into it which caused the black screen on boot.

Black Bar theme will be posted later today.

DevMan

Reaction score
The bootloader on R2-D2 is different that the D2...looks like hacking this sucker might be harder than first thought.

Owning the R2D2 version, I really want to get rid of all the blur and keep all the nerdy Star Wars content. I'm wondering what exactly happens when one attempt to apply this rom... Does it turn into a brick or what?

I extracted the rom and took a look at the contents. The file structure looks identical to my phone. The build.prop file, however, does not look the same. It looks like it is the file you prepped for the D2. The rom version has "ro.product.model.internal=A955", whereas mine =A957. Also, the ro.build.version.full looks incorrect.

Just wondering if that might be the problem. I'm not brave enough to try fixing it myself without knowing what could potentially happen. If it merely breaks stuff, I can handle that. I really don't need a new paperweight, though...

Burbank

Reaction score
Verizon 2.4.5 ROM

Thanks to PiranhaDroid & RedFlea for helping me obtain system dump!​

This is awesome! I installed the "VZW 2.4.5 Clean ROM" and it went without a hitch. THANK YOU!!:icon_ banana:

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The bootloader on R2-D2 is different that the D2...looks like hacking this sucker might be harder than first thought.

Owning the R2D2 version, I really want to get rid of all the blur and keep all the nerdy Star Wars content. I'm wondering what exactly happens when one attempt to apply this rom... Does it turn into a brick or what?

I extracted the rom and took a look at the contents. The file structure looks identical to my phone. The build.prop file, however, does not look the same. It looks like it is the file you prepped for the D2. The rom version has "ro.product.model.internal=A955", whereas mine =A957. Also, the ro.build.version.full looks incorrect.

Just wondering if that might be the problem. I'm not brave enough to try fixing it myself without knowing what could potentially happen. If it merely breaks stuff, I can handle that. I really don't need a new paperweight, though...

There is no SBF for the R2-D2 yet so if something goes wrong you are kind of screwed...

papp_e

Reaction score
Running clean rom now. Only problem ive seen is the battery manager doesnt work. Fc everytime for me

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Running clean rom now. Only problem ive seen is the battery manager doesnt work. Fc everytime for me

If you plug it in and then check it does not FC and wont FC again even when not plugged in until you reboot...weird...oh well.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no way to get this on the D1 is there!?

Yes.

To do so you will need a hammer.

Copy the zip file of your choice to a CD.

Place the CD on top of the D1.

Hit repeatedly with hammer.

This should work, but make a backup first just to be safe.

:D

Nope - sorry, D2 only. D1 and D2 ROMs can't be swapped between devices.