[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I loaded the clean rom yesterday and so far I love what I see. I have noticed that my exchange pin bug is not there, thank god for that. Thanks Motoboy for all your hard work on this. Hopefully we will see some themes, like Black Glass for this rom.

Bug I just noticed, if you don't have a contact picture for a contact, C3PO shows in text messages.

Oppd...will have a fix for that later. I kind of made it from scratch and may have forgot to remove the files. Check back later on tonight for fix.

Got it running--Sweet!

Cool

Did they crack the bootloader?

Not yet :(

work on Droid1?

Nope D2 only. Try the Droid1 ROM forums. Lots of good ones there.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I loaded the clean rom yesterday and so far I love what I see. I have noticed that my exchange pin bug is not there, thank god for that. Thanks Motoboy for all your hard work on this. Hopefully we will see some themes, like Black Glass for this rom.

Bug I just noticed, if you don't have a contact picture for a contact, C3PO shows in text messages.

Try this
SMS_Convo_Fix.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

wmnomore

Reaction score
I thank you sir for this. This fixes the lagginess that i have experienced coming from the droid 1. Is there 2.4 with star wars around?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Couple of hotfixes and Black Bar Theme with Star Wars lockscreen has been uploaded. Check post #2

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I thank you sir for this. This fixes the lagginess that i have experienced coming from the droid 1. Is there 2.4 with star wars around?

Check my droid world link in first post.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score

Try this
SMS_Convo_Fix.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Just loaded this fix and still shows c3po on contacts with no picture.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing the Clean Rom, will let you know how it goes.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
I don't understand, I've followed the instructions, and select the .zip with the clean rom, but when my droid boots back up, I'm running the stock 2.2 rom, with my original wallpaper, and a couple of the same apps...

FM Radio is in my app tray though... don't remember that...

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't understand, I've followed the instructions, and select the .zip with the clean rom, but when my droid boots back up, I'm running the stock 2.2 rom, with my original wallpaper, and a couple of the same apps...

Make sure you mount system in bootstrap.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score

I did, even double checked.

NOW R2-D2 is on the fritz!

I plugged in my USB cable and R2-D2 went crazy. I.E. It made an R2-D2 noise, however my android version under settings and about phone says 2.2.

Is it supposed to say that? Was this successful?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I plugged in my USB cable and R2-D2 went crazy. I.E. It made an R2-D2 noise, however my android version under settings and about phone says 2.2.

Android Version 2.2 and system version 2.4blah blah blah, is that what is says?

Gibbsinator

Reaction score

Android Version 2.2 and system version 2.4blah blah blah, is that what is says?

Yes, that is correct. YAY. Thanks a lot.

want a droid

Reaction score
My entire Messaging app is messed up it's all white and weird. I figure this is what the CP30 fix is or whatever. Unfortunately, I can't download that .zip. I click download and the page just continually loads until it says Page Cannot Load.

I was able to download the Launcher Pro .zip so I figure it's not on my part for the link not working.

Can you please look into this?

EDIT: After continually trying it finally worked (randomly)!

Now I'll try installing. Anyways, the ROM is working so smoothly and my droid is so fast. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

want a droid

Reaction score
So I'm still having trouble with my messaging app.

After installing the "fix" when I pressed the messaging icon I was asked whether I wanted to open "Messaging" or "Text Messaging."

Messaging: is the messed up app with white and no pictures and contacts etc
Text Messaging: when I open it I can see my black background contact pictures and names but then after 2 seconds it switches to the white background and no pictures (ie. the Messaging app).

I can't figure out how to fix this. Please help.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I'm still having trouble with my messaging app.

After installing the "fix" when I pressed the messaging icon I was asked whether I wanted to open "Messaging" or "Text Messaging."

Messaging: is the messed up app with white and no pictures and contacts etc
Text Messaging: when I open it I can see my black background contact pictures and names but then after 2 seconds it switches to the white background and no pictures (ie. the Messaging app).

I can't figure out how to fix this. Please help.

What ROM are you running? It is only meant for the clean and ful ROMs. If you are running the the super clean ROM then go into the system/app folder and delete converstaion.apk.